Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whizkidkyus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need a verticle shaft 23 hp OHV twin cylinder Kohler Command engine for a cub zero turn mower . About an early 2000 model mower . I found a used one at a small engine repair shop / dealership . It's on a early 100's model John Deere garden tractor . Mower is setting outside with hood and carb and breather removed . They said that it ran, but some dummy took the carb off . Guaranteed it to run and priced it at $500.00. Is that the going price for a used one ? As he asked me , I know what they list for new ! I don't know if that was as it sat or if he was going to replace the carb and breather assembly , but at that price he should in my book . I have the missing parts so no problem there . Another guy with a small engine business said that that was the going price and a little cheaper than most . Said that the pullers snatched them up . What is you all's opinion on this ? And of the price ? Fair ,cheap, too high ?

Thanks ,
Whizkid

ztrmowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would find another engine, what wrong with the original one

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go take carful shaft measuments etc. and go buy a predator at Harbor Freight

whizkidkyus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I bought it with it's second blown motor on it and the older 20 hp that I had to put on it leaks oil as well as uses it bad !

Whizkid

whizkidkyus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to add that I know absoluetly nothing about the other motor other than what I told you that I saw and what the shop guy said .

Whizkid

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was looking for months for a 20hp+ horizontal shaft Kohler Command and it seems like all that I found were vertical shafts, lots of them out there. $500 seems like a decent price. And I would never buy one without hearing it run unless if was from a good shop.

Careful if you buy a Predator. The amp output may be too low to charge the battery.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes...might be a problem if the mower has an electric clutch. Those babys can
suck 5 amps. no problem. Didn't think of that.

whizkidkyus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't have original engine as it was replaced with another Kohler engine just like it after it blew up . I got it with it's second blown engine .

whizkidkyus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 23 HP OHV Kohler Engine Price Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That engine cost more than the Kohler , but it is new and not used like the Kohler !

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters