Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1969 M670 restore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am almost done with the 670 restore. Just a few little details to finish. It's been over a year to get here since I started the restore. This tractor had sat out for an extended period at some point in it's life. It had a lot of rusty pieces, and I had to replace most of the bolts due to the rust and pitting. I had to do extensive work on the seat, and got a new shock from ChrisQ that works great. I had the hydro pump rebuilt, had to put a new clutch in it, had the card rebuilt, and had to clean up the wire harness. It ran good, and had good compression so I did not go into the engine. Unfortunately after I painted it it developed a leak at the torque seal, and I had to split it again, which surprisingly did not mess up too much paint. Here are some pics of the process. I started with hot water pressure wash with aircraft paint remover, then used the wire wheel. One in the paint booth used epoxy primer, primer sealer, then Martin Senor paint. Grill came from Stamm's, decals R-M, and alot of parts from Wendell Everett.

gtractorfan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! This is something I dream about. We had a 670, wish we'd kept it.

larry Mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great Job. The old 670 really looks great.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice job on 670. Question on 66 U302 super. Was it yellow? Have one same but is yellow with brown under. Early 66?

Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one was a brown belly when I got it. No yellow that I could see.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful work!
Ben

Whiskey Bent
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You do great work and should be very proud of yourself!

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is simply awesome. You do excellent work.

Fufu602
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks fantastic. Did you get the hydraulic system vibration problem figured out that you had asked about on here awhile back?

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful, I have a '65-LP you can start on when you are ready.

Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I turned down the presssure adjustment screw on the pump which solved to issue.

Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I turned down the presssure adjustment screw on the pump which solved to issue.

BeeBazaar
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

awesome restoration! what did you do prep it for primer / paint? as far as paint strippign / degreasign goes?

BeeBazaar
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 M670 restore Reply to specific post Reply with quote

never mind... i forgot what I read by the time got to the end of the pictures lol

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters