Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

801 FUEL LINE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baydog1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: 801 FUEL LINE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Rebuilt the carb. on my 801/841 series and also replaced the Fuel Sediment Bowl Assembly. Everything went great tractor runs like a champ. I noticed a drip coming from the bowl that I couldn't stop or find. Come to find out it is leaking at the petcock. The line that comes off the petcock has a pressed fitting on it where it screws into the petcock.There isn't enough room for for me to get to it and disconnect it plus the way the fuel line is ran is down the side of the valve cover and head and comes out behind the intake and to the carb. Really? is this how these lines are originally ran and has anyone ever ran this main fuel line any different to make it easier to get to?
Thanks
Scotty

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: 801 FUEL LINE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OEM! I've never tried to run it any differently.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: 801 FUEL LINE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've used the OEM fuel lines on all of my 8/9** tractors without issues.

If you have OEM lines that have not been modified, you can R & R the line and/or valve without removing the sheet metal, tank or rocker arm cover.

You will need the proper tools and it helps if your hands are not too large.

Yes, you will struggle the first time but it will be easier next time.

I've changed fuel valves so many times that I spend more time R & Ring the gasoline than R & Ring the valve.

All bets are off if fuel lines and/or valves have been modified.

Dean

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: 801 FUEL LINE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Baydog, there is more room in there than you think. Just remove the valve cover. It is built to "roll" out. You can also raise the front of the tank a little by loosening the nut of the front hold down.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters