Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Power inverters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Friend and I about 10 yrs ago bought Inverters from Harbor Freight. Think they are 1800 3600. Mine will run a 120 gasboy easily. It ran another friends refrigerator, tv, and lamp. For a week during a Ice storm. Ran it from a new Ford Taurus, He was handicapped, and wife could drive car to station and get gas and groceries. Then alligator clip inverter to battery and let car idle all day and night. They had a wood stove. Think inverter was $99. Bargain!

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That?s the story I wanted to hear . I?ve got big enough batteries available to feed one and the gasboy will pump 30 gallon of diesel in about 5 minutes so the truck could idle

JDEM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two inverters from Harbor Freight. Both are rated 2000 watts continuous and 4000 watts surge. One I bought 14 years ago and the other 2 years ago. Both have been fine. The one that is 14 years old cost me $79 on sale. I have used it to build several off grid cabins and ran a small air compressor (for a nail gun) and a 13 amp circular saw. Only slight complaint about either is they do a lousy job running a cordless-drill battery charger. Also make GFCIs buzz if any get plugged in. Ran my tools fine. The older HF unit has a thermal-fan that almost never comes on. On the newer one, they cheaped out and the fan is hard-wired to run all the time. If you use it inside a small building or RV the fan noise can drive you nuts.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Acording to figures on the refrigerator I figured what unit was advertised as it would have plenty of capacity, When it would just trip out I decided it was just overloaded due to figuring things differently but them when I tried it with just a simple trouble light with that 75 watt bulb and it would trip out I gave up on it. Something like the frige I could understand if it was just a over starting load but a bulb does not have that. Now this was back in the 90's so not that much information avaible on things. I had seen them working on the power line service troucks so I figured it would be good for that little fridge in camper when on the road.

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a couple of 2000 watt inverters in a garage sale. Put one on my kawasaki mule and use it with the pole saw for cutting tree limbs. works very very well but the mule was to be running or the inverter will shut off after about 3 cuts, due to low voltage alarm. Also run the sawsall and other tools. Since I have a heavy duty cord coming from the mule battery with a 200 amp plug on it,,, I can plug in my jumper cables for jumping tractors and stuff, or plug in the inverter, so its a great setup for around the farm. Generators are bigger and too heavy for small jobs when the inverter does fine.

The inverter also can be plugged into ac power and doubles as a heavy battery 100 amp charger with the 200 amp plug with the jumper cables mentioned earlier.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

low voltage on the 12V side was probably tripping the inverter on 75W.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Power inverters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That makes sense because it was only a cigarette
lighter plug

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters