Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

12345 Number the posts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenfrog
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever thought about numbering each post? Would make it easier to find my post , or somebody?s else?s a few days later. I know , one could use the
date of posting, but a number there by the bullet would help.
Just a thought.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The are actually numbered, but the number isn't displayed. It could be, but then you'd have to write that number down. The easiest way to find one's own posts, is to click over to modern and use the search function. It has a second box below the content search that is labelled Author. If you put your username in there, it pops up all your posts starting with the newest and on to the oldest. You click on the one you want and then the classic link and you are there. That's how I find mine. It's two clicks, enter the username, then two clicks to get to where you are posting even on classic. If you use modern it's only two total clicks and the entry of the username.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A way that I do it on modern is if you can find any one of your own posts, and in the lower left corner is the "profile" box. Click on that, and when your profile comes up there will be a link stating "Find all posts by (your name). Click on that and it will bring them up also.

Greenfrog
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you thank you. That helps

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd never noticed that, but as I was looking, I just realized yet a third way too. If you happen to be at the top level of the forums on modern, there is a "View Your Posts" link which is the same as the profile link, and the same the other Search link would eventually go to. Looks like my way is the slowest way there.

They all go to the same place, and I suppose what would be a good change, would be to add a link to it on Classic, which would make it fast from that view too.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't understand why that feature was droped from classic when modern was brought out. Used to work good on classic when that was all there was.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think we ever had exactly the same kind of thing. We had the search, but we had so many complaints, just constantly, that we took it out. Classic people seemed to really hate it. We replaced it with a google search, but that was even worse, so we dropped that.

That idea I mentioned would be a good way to find your posts quick. It would only be one additional click to get back over to classic after you found it. The other thing is it probably would be quick to put in over on classic.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: 12345 Number the posts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I liked what was orignally on classic and it was easy to use. No complaints. Got first computor in 96 and been on here ever since starting with 95, 98, Xp and then 7 with firefox. No smart phone. I don't know much about computors just barly how to use one. But the ones that were complainging were same as the ones not that cannot follow directions.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters