Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just bought one 2nd hand and having some issues with it. Would like to know what it should be like normally to see where mine needs attention. Think the unloader valve might be at fault but before I replace it would be good to know how it should behave when new...

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don?t know anything about them but I?d like to have
one

spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got it because occasionally I hire excavators and they need to go back clean. My electric domestic pressure washer isn't really up to the job and I end up with a load of mud near the barn where I don't want it. With a PTO powered one, I can clean out in the field and the pressure should be higher too. Need to sort out a better water supply - should be able to put an adaptor on an IBC that I have mounted on top of my ring roller to add weight. That or get some longer hoses and run them straight into the pond :D

MSM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of them require pressurized
clean water to keep the pump full to
give maximum pressure. They won't
draw water in. You don't want to
starve it or feed dirty water to it.
I have used a cheap harbor freight
submersible 200 gph pump to feed it

spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We don't have Harbor Freight over here, sadly. Anyway, this is designed to suck from a tank

Dan in North Houston
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have put an adaptor on an IBC tank and used it with the pressure washer, it works great. Be aware that there are at least two different kinds of threads on IBC's. On the tank that I use for this, the outlet was regular 2" pipe threads. I made an adaptor by using a 2" female thread to 2" smooth fitting, then a 2" smooth to 3/4" smooth, then a short length of 3/4' schedule 40 pipe, then a 3/4" smooth to the male hose thread. I have another tank with different threads, don't know what they are but they are not 2" pipe threads. Maybe metric?
I also use the IBC tank with a small 110v electric pump I got from Harbor Freight. I fill the tank with the garden hose, then use both to fill the sprayer, it is much faster than using the garden hose by itself, as my well doesn't pump very fast.

WESnIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would a gas powered one on a rubber tired cart work for you? That would be portable enough to take to the field for those cleaning opportunities. One does not
need a tractor, just a good water source (needed either way) and a pick up truck to transport the pressure washer unit. I would not hesitate to take my Karcher
unit for your field cleaning job. Honda engine, 2.8 gpm @ 3200 psi and choice of 5 tips.

spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WESnIL wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:42 04/26/19) Would a gas powered one on a rubber tired cart work for you?

It may well work but I've already bought the PTO powered one and just want to know if it's working as it should.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I put the water tank up on some sawhorses my electric one works OK.

spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An update on this.

The inlet filter bowl was cracked so I replaced it. Once I realised that it didn't have an O-ring, and then fitted one, it started working properly.

Will suck water from an underground tank but it does need to be clean as the foot filter clogs up pretty quickly if there's debris in the water. Feeding it from a clean water butt filled with a hose and it's perfect.

Just need to buy a bent lance now as the straight one I bought is a bit limited

spandit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with a PTO powered pressure washer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bent lance fitted and large cloth pickup filter improvised, which allows me to draw from filthy water without the strainer clogging up every few seconds. Fun toy now - have ordered drain jetting nozzles so can unblock/clean my drains around the farm.

Have also purchased a venturi sludge pump head which works brilliantly and will allow me to clear the mud out of my well (more of a cistern really, it's not that deep and isn't groundwater fed)

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters