Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

N series motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (ID)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: N series motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I got the oil plug out of the newest acquired 9N. We got antifreeze along with some pretty oil/sludge goop out of it. (Good thing we didn't give much for it!) I reached up thru the goop and pulled the oil screen out.. with it came some small thin metallic chunks.. I washed a couple of those up and put the calipers to em. I'm afraid they are sleeve chunks.. upon further inspection the frost plug closest to the oil filter is sitting partway out too. So Im guessing the antifreeze was too weak and it has at sometime froze and broke the block and pushed the sleeve and broke it.. So this brings up lots of questions. The main one is will the head and crank from a front dist engine work in a side dist engine?? I think I know where there is a bare side dist block.

Thanks

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: N series motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes
75 Tips

Den N Ms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: N series motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Robert,Yes the head and crankshaft will work.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: N series motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it?s a bare block then you will also need the camshaft, front cover and side distributor unless you are planning to keep it the same front distributor

Wild child
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: N series motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The head will bolt on except side mount head had 2 tapped holes in the front to mount the coil.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters