Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New JD 4400 in 1975

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camboted

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was 29 years old and purchased my first new combine in Southern MN. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

Moline_guy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not many 29 year olds could afford a new combine today, very nice picture, we harvested with a 4400 gas in early 90's worked great on windrowed wheat, but we had a 4 row all crop for corn and that was slow going.

Nutsaboutcombines

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Model 7700 was approximately $30,000 in 1975. I'm willing to bet that the Model 4400 would be at least around $15,000-$20,000. Yes, that was still a lot of money back then, but again, corn and wheat got as much also back then, as they do now.

Fuel and fertilizers were certainly a lot cheaper, too.

Camboted

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I paid about $24,500 for the 4400 with a 4-30 corn head. It had larger diesel engine than standard and 26" rice tires.

1206SWMO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture.I know the feeling.At age 26 on 10-1-1975 I
bought a new 1975 715 IH Gas Hydro with 13 ft 810 header that
had a Hart-Carter floating bean bar.

I'm sitting here looking at the original purchase order and see that
it listed for $28,000.I traded off a 1963 403 IH gas belt drive and
was allowed $7400 for it so gave $20,600 difference.

jwal10

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know the feeling,in 1976 I traded a 105 JD for a new 6600 13' head and a pickup head. I was 20 years old, it went with the 4020 FWA 4020 I had bought the year before. It was scary spending that much money on 1 piece of equipment but wheat was a good price and custom work was easy to get and paid good. Paid it off the second year....James

Tom Graham

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What dealer did you buy it from?

Camboted

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Demmer Implement in Hayfield, MN

bradk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New JD 4400 in 1975 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you at Ted,I'm SW of Owatonna,Just North of Hope?

We use a 4400 diesel with a 443 head for corn and a 6600 gasser for beans and oats.~brad

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters