Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New box blades and shredders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m thinking about becoming a dealer for new box blades and
shredders. I don?t really want top of the line stuff. What brands
would be the best to go with? I don?t mind getting truck loads
at a time.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find something that is produced close to you and you will be able to have good prices. You are going to find that the market for that type stuff is like this. The major brands and good stuff are sold by real dealers and the short line stuff sold by jockeys, or independent shops. Most of the lower line stuff (cheaper) is sold on price not quality. Depending on where you are I could make some recommendations but then you may find all the lines already have a stocking dealer in your area. Good luck, I have been in the ag business for over 40 years and what you are saying is the last thing in the world I would want to try. Not going to be a real money maker unless you are really shred and a hard worker.

Mtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im in Texas and i dont find to many very close. I sell a lot of used tractors and everyone i sell they ask if i know of a place to buy a shredder or box blade. I buy up all the used ones i can find because they help sell tractors. I would like recommendations please . Even if they are not close because if the price is right i will buy them.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I heard case ih sells some second rate equipment you could probably sell at a discount price 😂😂

Crookedwrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have made bolt-on end plates for two medium duty grader blades. 12-15? inches to the front and 6?? to the rear. An angle iron brace from about the mid section of the front plate to the top of the blade. 3-4 1/2? bolts. My 7? and 8? blades have been abused and have served me well. Photos available if needed. Obviously, each one is different according to the blade, but if you are a bit of a fabricator, they work great! I carry a socket and end wrench in tractor toolbox and can remove end plates in minutes if needed. Lay them far away from work site. Don?t ask why! Don

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You did not say what part of texas. BUT....

My local dealer sells Howse but the manufacture is only a little over a hours drive from us.
I bought a 5 foot cutter and his price was less than tractor supply quoted on their brand.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bison products are made in Mexico. I've only seen one Bison product, a rear blade, but it was very well made. They don't seem to have a lot of distributors, and with you being in Texas shipping costs shouldn't be too bad.
Bison Products

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oops! That was the Spanish site. Here it is in English.
Bison Products

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: New box blades and shredders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a King Kutter brush cutter that I was happy with, and it was priced right. I think they have a pretty full line of equipment.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters