Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
banjoman09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do I have this spring on wrong? Maybe thats why my governor/throttle is delayed and not working right? Also- this is the position of my Mag when lever is closed....still runs. Thanks

hunt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The linkage is correct on the carb. Usually the tractor end of the spring hooks on the arm just like you have it hooked on the carb. It can be a little tough to get it twisted around or the hook could have been reshaped on the spring at one time. As long as the two arms are staying in contact when you go to the wide open position this is not causing a problem. Make sure when you move the control on the steering column to the max position it comes completely off of its mating linkage on the carb. On the mag that is the grounding stud to kill it. It may need a good cleaning at all the connecting points to make good contact.

banjoman09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

okay I will do this and thanks. On the spring; does this spring "hold the throttle open or closed"? I still dont think its working right. I can move the lever all the way open on the steering wheel and then push the fender throttle ahead and it barely does anything. Thanks.

banjoman09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you still there?

hunt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 28-44.....carb spring and mag position.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That little springs job is to hold the two arms together but allow them to be independent of each other when using the control on the column. If your tractor has the variable speed governor it just holds them together. Get a picture of the governor side so I can be sure I am giving you the proper adjustment procedure. Put the column lever in the wide open position and make sure the finger on the control rod by the carb is coming up almost vertically and completely away from the carb. If it is leave it there. You don't need that one with the governor conversion.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters