Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 580 Super E (More Questions)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Szrachnor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Case 580 Super E (More Questions) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all your help concerning the 580 Super E questions I had about a week ago. You've gotten me off to a good start and I have a couple more questions about the system now that I've done some diagnostic work.

The shuttle linkage is good and working. I disconnected the pigtail to the solenoid and still nothing happened. I pulled the solenoid off and that didn't help but I took note of the rod that the solenoid actuates on the shuttle. After proping the machine up with the backhoe stabilizers, I used a prybar to push the rod in and immediately the wheels started to spin. So I guess my questions are: is that the normal operation of the clutch disconnect? And is there a safe way to test the solenoid, like hooking one terminal to postive and one to negative and listening for the clicking of the magnet? I don't want to replace the solenoid if the problem could still be in the wiring or buttons.

thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Jiles

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 580 Super E (More Questions) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my 480D The selenoid can be checked by grounding either wire and suppling 12v to the other. There should be a clicking sound. Be aware that if you can hear the click, the selenoid could still be stuck or bad. If the selenoid is not getting power the shuttle should work. The shuttle looses operation when the selenoid is energized. At least this is true with my machine. I think the 480D and the 580 use basically the shuttle in the year range.

JFoshee

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 580 Super E (More Questions) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check voltage at the pigtail. Have someone operate the disconnect switches for you. If they break the connection your problem should be in the solenoid.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters