Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Roosa Master Injector Removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee Brown
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm trying to remove a Roosa Master injector pump from my 431 diesel and am down to the 3rd bolt near the motor block. Any tools, techniques, or tips anyone could offer for getting that nut off of the stud? The closed end 9/16" wrench I'm using doesn't get down onto the nut squarely.

Thanks,
Lee Brown

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May I suggest this wrench from snap on or with a grinder modify an existing craftsman wrench of that size. All you really want are little bites at a time until the nut loosens. CM

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The three bolt pump mounts a custom made wrench works best. I have an old 9/16 open end wrench welded up just for the Case, JD, and Oliver/Waukesha engines for the back stud nut. Even Snap On right angle wrench won't work well on that stud nut. Mine is about 80 degrees to the handle..

r.w.b.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cut a 9/16" starter wrench open and it works just fine

ADB-Ia
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to hate cutting or bending a wrench to work in a one or two time application but I've learned that it can save a ton of frustration to just make a tool that works. Saves on band aids and curse jar money as well. You can take that money you saved and buy a new wrench to replace the one you modified.

point3dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember using a 916 socket and a universal joint on a long 3/8 extension when I worked for Don L Dave K

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1/4" drive 9/16" socket works perfect on 730 + larger tractors. Not sure on the little ones, but worth a shot. 1/4" extension is small enough to get in there when 3/8 is to big.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 730 and up models use the Bosch inline pump, not the Stanadyne/RoosaMaster..

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

regular 9/16 - 5/8 curved starter wrench ground for easy clearance, mine was a flea market find and has served me well for many years and dozens of those pump removals and re-installs.

flagman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smile Hello Dieseltech: I have a case 1030 that i just changed all three fuel filters and as i attempt to bleed the system i am able to fill and bleed the primary filter but i cannot get any fuel past it to the secondary, can you possibly tell me what is blocking the flow, i have done this before on this tractor with no problem, i have put an electric fuel pump before the filters for bleeding usually works fine for me. thanks ron fancher

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not Dieseltech but regard him as a friend but the first filter is a gravity flow, the second stage and final stage are on the other side of the circuit from the transfer pump.fuel must flow through the pump to get to the next two, the pump does that, is there a t valve on top of the filter base, if so open it to bypass the pump. if not, on tractors with the relief built into the filter base I remove the plunger so the fuel can bypass the transfer pump, if so equipped it is a nut on the face of the filter base, remove it and fuel should flow freely to all the filters then reinstall.

flagman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Roosa Master Injector Removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mEl wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:11:52 09/12/19) Not Dieseltech but regard him as a friend but the first filter is a gravity flow, the second stage and final stage are on the other side of the circuit from the transfer pump.fuel must flow through the pump to get to the next two, the pump does that, is there a t valve on top of the filter base, if so open it to bypass the pump. if not, on tractors with the relief built into the filter base I remove the plunger so the fuel can bypass the transfer pump, if so equipped it is a nut on the face of the filter base, remove it and fuel should flow freely to all the filters then reinstall.
Mine is a little different but it starts right up and the rest of the cylinders are firing nicely just # 6 not getting anything out of the pump. thanks ron

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters