Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owen555
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I restored a Van Brunt FB137A, and am considering a 3pt hitch conversion. Have any of you done so, how did it work out, and pics would be great if possible.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Made a drill a semi mounted hitch and it works awesome

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sv, I really respect the things you do but I cannot understand the advantage of the semi-mount. What changes when you raise or lower your 3-point?

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was designed to go on an 8 foot John Deere unit press wheel drill so I set the top of the caster fork the same height as when the caster wheel is on boy it works slick . The reason for it was twofold number one the 8 foot width fits nice on a big gooseneck trailer and number 2 the smaller bin size is great for seeding smaller plots with grass seed on a 4 or 5 acre field you?ll maybe 100 pounds of seed you don?t want to try chasing that around a 16 foot drill box

DoubleR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not good with pictures but I took a three point frame I had to move trailers around with and just bolted it up to the front of my old I-H 242 planter after I removed the tongue on the planter. Worked out good so far. I don't know why you couldn't do the same on your JD planter.

DoubleR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just realized your talking about a drill and not a corn planter such as mine is. It would take allot more bracing and such to do that to a drill and would take allot to lift one if that's what your trying to accomplish.

rdandersom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never done it but thought about it. It seems to me that some pretty stout bracing will be needed from the top of the A frame hitch to the rear corners of the frame. Maybe you could do it maybe there is too much in the way.

Owen555
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked at my 3pt hitch rating, and the weight of the grain drill. I decided it would be better left as is. My mama used to tell me to leave it alone or it will bite you, but I got bit alot. This is one time I think I will leave it alone so it wont bite me. It would be nice to pick it up when turning around, but, isnt really necessary. Thanks for everyones input.

ztrmowers
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: JD Van Brunt 3pt conversion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am like flying Belgian on this idea, I am still like why on such small unit

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters