Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 7000 Questions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just purchased a Ford 7000 (7200) tricycle wheel front end. I noticed what looked like a linkage unhooked on the rear above the axle. Is it supposed to be attached to something.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Looks like a linkage" what does a linkage look like to you?

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Without a better description or a picture we aren't going to be able to tell you exactly what it is, but I'll take a guess:

It's a toplink that's attached to the tractor and there's currently no implement attached so the toplink isn't connected at the other end.

Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cannot get an photo to attach. It's under the platform about 6 inches behind the "Selector Pull" Knob. The "linkage" is attached to a mechanism in the case.

Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keith Williams
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heagon,
There are several "linkages" in that picture, but my guess is that you are asking about the differential lock.

It locks the rear wheels together to get you out of a tough spot (or digs you in even deeper, LOL!).
HTH
Keith

Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Keith,
I was referring to the small rod that is dangling there, is that part of the differential? If so, where should it be attached at, as it just says back and forth? I feel like an idiot but I can't find where it attaches to. Lol

jsp5755
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It appears there is round bar link hanging down, unconnected on one end. It is about 1/4" in diameter with a 90 degree bend on each end...about 8" long overall. My guess is that is the link that connects to the lever beside the seat that controls the three-point lift Just a guess. Hard to get oriented from that picture.

Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, that is the rod I'm referencing. I will go check and see if that's where it goes. Thanks!!!

Keith Williams
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heagon,
I sold my 7200 in 2003. In my mind, I remember controls for the Diff lock, ASC service valve, and the brake lock being in that area. The flow control knob is the one out the side of the deck.
So my next guess would be the brake lock. ??
Keith

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the rod that hooks to the position/Draft control that is up inside the support for the seat. Don't you have a chrome lever on the right side behind the seat? This is a row crop 7000 (7200) isn't it?

Joe Styke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So there was actually a Ford 7200 tricycle version of the 7000?

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Built from 1971-1974

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Joe Styke wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:05:36 09/13/19) So there was actually a Ford 7200 tricycle version of the 7000?

There were tricycle versions of 4000 5000, 6000, 8000 and 9000 too.

Heagon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 7000 Questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WayneIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:21:11 09/12/19) Looks like the rod that hooks to the position/Draft control that is up inside the support for the seat. Don't you have a chrome lever on the right side behind the seat? This is a row crop 7000 (7200) isn't it?

Yes! Thanks! I went and checked this morning and that's where it went! Another question though, where is the hydraulic filter located on a 7200?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters