Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunofabbri79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I inherited a mm rtu/rtn not sure what it
is exactly I can't read the serial # tag
as its been outside forever. I just found
the hand crank and after a few MMO
treatments prior the motor is not stuck😇
I seen the radiator is leaking and lots
of animal nests in it. I did a search of
MM PARTS online and eBay and it seems
these tractors are hard to find parts
for. I love the prairie gold and red
paint schemes. Any advice on how to
proceed if at all. I see all kinds of old
and impossible rebuilds on classic
tractor fever but I'm fairly novice at
this. I know the motor was revolutionary
at the time being an ohv engine. Thanks
guys!

morepower02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-brunofabbri79 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:35:53 09/03/19) I inherited a mm rtu/rtn not sure what it
is exactly I can't read the serial # tag
as its been outside forever. I just found
the hand crank and after a few MMO
treatments prior the motor is not stuck
I seen the radiator is leaking and lots
of animal nests in it. I did a search of
MM PARTS online and eBay and it seems
these tractors are hard to find parts
for. I love the prairie gold and red
paint schemes. Any advice on how to
proceed if at all. I see all kinds of old
and impossible rebuilds on classic
tractor fever but I'm fairly novice at
this. I know the motor was revolutionary
at the time being an ohv engine. Thanks
guys!

A lot of R parts out there. The problem is unless it s sentimental to you in the description you provided it s a money lose.

ChrisQ
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you from? Radiator is not the most economical thing to ship but I have a couple. R parts are not difficult to find if you know where to look. Just not much out there for new aftermarket like there is for an 8N Ford. RTN is single front wheel, RTU is narrow/tricycle front.

brian(MN)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Parts are not a problem, you just have to search for them. They are easy to work on. Just bear in mind that you can put a lot of money into it and never got it back if you sell. You Got to remember it is a hobby. Since you inherited it, you must have some sentimental interest in it. Good luck!

yonson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't be too quick to judge, radiator may be repairable at a lot less cost than another used one. Bring it to a radiator shop for evaluation, might save a bundle.

brunofabbri79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm from michigan. Damn thing is
sentimental to say the least. I see sweet
ones for 2000$ good enough for a parade
or a lawn ornament lol. I was thinking if
the motor was stuck I would just swap out
the sheetmetal and a few parts just to
have a sentimental Frankenstein rtu lol I
always heard the hand clutch is a bit
tricky and dangerous

brunofabbri79
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its just something about that harvest gold and prairie red that draws me in. I'm not partial to any specific manufacturer but those 2 colors are a thing of beauty. i have a MM rtu needing a full restore

larry Mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had no problems finding parts. I did 2 One for a friend and this one for Me.]

larry Mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Any luck advice on restoring a rtu/rtn? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should have said and this Z for me.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters