Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Jubilee lunges and bucks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

when i have my bushhog attached and running, my ford jubilee will run for about 30-45 minutes then it begins to lunge and buck. the longer it does this the closer it gets to stalling and will eventually stall if not stopped. after it stalls, it starts right up with no trouble. while it's doing this, i can press the clutch pedal down and it will stop lunging and bucking and begin running perfectly. this does not happen every time i use my tractor. the fuel tank is over half full, the engine is not missing. what is causing this? could it be the governor has too much play in it and is moving back and forth excessively when i'm bushhogging? please help.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does pulling the choke out a little bit help it?

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no. it does not make a difference.

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it does not have an inline fuel filter. i did not look in the tank, but i will. i used my bush hog for about 8 minutes tonight and it began lunging and bucking again. the tractor had sit for 3 days prior to today. when i move the governor rod by hand, it sounds just like what it does when i have trouble.

Jim48328
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take the plug out of the bottom of the carb and catch what drains out to see if you get any water

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is common here for people to blame the governor. You should forget about it until you have eliminated fuel, ignition, timing and compression problems. I asked about the tank because it is common for debris in the tank to slowly get drawn to the tall in-tank screen slowly plugging it, until the engine is starved. Once the engine quits the debris quickly falls away.

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what is the best way to avoid the tank sediment issue?

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LLIHKAO wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:10 10/02/19) what is the best way to avoid the tank sediment issue?

I have had very good luck with siphoning the crud out. I use one of those 4.99 plastic transfer siphons with the semi rigid pick-up

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i appreciate the help from everyone. i am going to try these suggestions tonight after work.

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i installed a new condenser tonight and i thought that took care of the problem because when i uncovered the distributor unit, the wire going from the condenser to the points fell out in my hand. it did not cure the problem. i totally eliminated the key switch and that did not cure the problem either. i'm still looking.

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it seems like this starts when i'm bushhogging on rough ground.

LLIHKAO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee lunges and bucks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good news...i replaced the fuel line, eliminated the inline fuel filter, put a new sediment bowl on, and the tractor ran for about 3 hours without any of the original issues of
lunging and jumping, but after running it about 2 hours, the tractor seemed to starve for fuel. i pulled the choke out so it would run smoothly but after a few minutes i had to
push the choke in all the way so the tractor would run smooth as it normally would. any ideas? thanks!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters