Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Threewilsons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It takes a 1-5/16 inch socket to fit these large lug nuts on the rear of my 4140. They also have a "snout" or shoulder about 1-1/8 inch diameter that fits through the thick wheel center. You can see in the pic that I need one - just one. The thread is the normal 5/8 inch fine thread.

I know that just about everything else in the world is more important than this but maybe someone has one. I did try Messicks but no luck.

Thanks,
-Joel

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What your describing sound similar to the lug nuts on my 69 4000 with cast centers, But mine have 3/4" threads and won't work for you.
Google C5NN1120D, there's some on eBay that look like the larger shoulder size you need but not sure about the snout.

May be the closest thing one can find today.

Lynn Patrick
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are looking for one also. Every time we have tried to order one it turns out to fit many other models, which means they are the wrong ones! I can't even find a picture of the right one!

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has 24" cast centers. Destroked has correct p/n. Took while for me to find it. Also used on 34/3500 with 24" wheels

John P.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The C5NN1120D lug nuts are still available from Messick's for $27.95.

Threewilsons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well there it is on Messicks when you search the part number. When you go to the parts diagram, you ll see a replacement but the pic clearly shows it s not correct.

Googled ebay with the part number and saw the one for $25. Holy cow, take a deep breath Joel and sleep on it .

Thank you all again for your help.
-Joel

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you decide to buy one it might be worth contacting the seller to confirm the thread and hex size before buying. Likewise with a dealer, to be sure you don't get a subbed one that is a different hex.

Lynn Patrick
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"When you go to the parts diagram, you ll see a replacement but the pic clearly shows it s not correct."
Exactly what we have found!

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a couple of photos I found of the only two lug nuts still available for those tractors.

Standard lug nut # 554480R1

Heavy duty lug nut # C5NN1120D
It doesn't appear to have the snout but does have a flat area where the snout may have been on the originals and should match in size.

This is probably the closest one is going to find to the originals without searching thru salvage yards since the cast centers and original style lug nuts were discontinued long ago.

Don't feel to bad about the $25 price tag, the same style lug nut in 3/4" for my 69 4000's cast wheels are $43.52 each

Threewilsons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I m certain that the last pic is what I m looking for. The "snout" is looking straight at you and protrudes about 1/4".

james Gundlach
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have sixteen of these, I have tried to attach a picture of the a rusted nut with a tape measure across it that shows it is 1-5/16" across but can't paste the picture here.

Anyway, I am working on taking them off and if you email me your address by typing in lower case the type of nut that goes into a pecan pie and "jim" together without spaces in front of @bellsouth.net I will send you one when I get them off. No charge.

jim gundlach

I am pecanjim because I roast my coffee over a pecan wood fire.

ESVADuke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rear lug nut needed for 4140 HD Industrial - see pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got the same problem, trying to bring a diesel backhoe back to life, are you willing to part with more of those lug nuts? I need 6. Not expecting the same deal :)

james Gundlach wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:50:37 10/30/19) I have sixteen of these, I have tried to attach a picture of the a rusted nut with a tape measure across it that shows it is 1-5/16" across but can't paste the picture here.

Anyway, I am working on taking them off and if you email me your address by typing in lower case the type of nut that goes into a pecan pie and "jim" together without spaces in front of @bellsouth.net I will send you one when I get them off. No charge.

jim gundlach

I am pecanjim because I roast my coffee over a pecan wood fire.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters