Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 5000?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Off Road SHO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trying to Identify this non running Ford. The numbers the owner can see are C7NN7006K 8H1B 74A02 He thinks.

The engine slowly lost power and then stopped. Cranks over but will not fire off. It's got the SOS tranny that I'm kind of interested in but the tractor is a good 5 hours away from me and would like to know more about the engine that is in it. 4 cylinder? 6 cylinder?

Thanks for any info on it.

Tom

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

4 cylinder engine, 1968 model.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There oughta be a like button on this page. I'm impressed with Bern and people like him who have this kind of knowledge of this era of Ford tractors.

My knowledge, what there is of it, is largely limited to the pre-65 Fords and the 94 up 70 series Genesis tractors.

I do know that the SOS in the 5000 is about as bullet proof as they come.

Off Road SHO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry NCKS wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:46:39 10/13/19)
There oughta be a like button on this page. I'm impressed with Bern and people like him who have this kind of knowledge of this era of Ford tractors.

My knowledge, what there is of it, is largely limited to the pre-65 Fords and the 94 up 70 series Genesis tractors.

I do know that the SOS in the 5000 is about as bullet proof as they come.

So which diesel is it? The 172? Where do you guys get all that information? I hate to keep bugging everybody.

Tom

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

4 cyl 233 cid unless had engine replaced with 256 cid Since slowly lost power my guess is fuel filters stopped up and inj pump has no oil in it and needs changed anyway.

Tracy Brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tractordatadotcom is a place to start but not 100% accurate

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

172's were discontinued after 1964 (in
tractors... they continued at least
through the early '80's as industrial
power units). 5000's came with either a
233 c.i. ('65 thru early '68) or a 256
c.i. (mid '68 thru '75) The unit number -
8H1B - puts yours as having a 1968,
August 1, 2nd shift final assembly date.
That means it should have a 256, if
original.
Look at the frost plugs. Every early 5000
with a 233 that I've seen has screw-in
frost plugs, with a hex recess in the
face. 256's have the more familiar press-
fit plugs.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters