Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Jubilee (engine swap)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought a Jube for $100 , engine is not worth fooling with. Before using it as a parts tractor was thinking about other possible engine transplants, V-6 or even V-8 engine. Anyone done this yet in a Jubilee?

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well actually it?s the NAA, but here?s a few pics of the old gal....

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ugly block repair from years ago...

The one headlight mounted in wrong place, lol...

cdmn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought my NAA with a hole like yours. I had it filled by a thin sheet of stainless steel welded in. Don't know if it worked yet. I got the idea from the Ford 60 V8 flathead that had stainless steel welded water jackets from the factory. The rod went through the camshaft and oil pump on the way out of the block. Not sure of the generator. It wasn't there anymore. I get a kick out of old-time blacksmith repair jobs.

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That?s what happened to mine, it was supposedly still running three years ago when previous owner dropped the oil pan to attempt a rear main oil leak repair, owner got sick due to cancer and passed away never completed the oil leak repair, I bought it just to keep it from being scrapped

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that thing runs it sure would be a conversation piece! Ugly repair ,but if it runs .........

Tracy Brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The idea you speak of is much easier on a framed tractor. However, anything is possible. I have a big ole MH in my yard that has a 500 cu caddy engine and auto tranny in it with a push blade . This was a working tractor after the install for several years. BTW, I have a good Jube engine in a parts tractor available. I don't think we are too far apart either.

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What part of the country are you in? I?m located in Covington County AL, close to the Florida line

dbNga
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-grayrider wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:07:21 10/20/19) What part of the country are you in? I?m located in Covington County AL, close to the Florida line

If you decide to part out I want first dibs on the seat.

Jim L WA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it had a tough life. Are those rear wheels cambered out or is that an illusion? If so, then the hubs and probably the axles have gone south.

Tracy Brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NE MS close to Tupelo.

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got any idea what you?re gonna ask for the Jubilee engine?

Tracy Brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$500

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee (engine swap) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is your goal? Worker? Hotrod? If worker just replace with the 134. Need a bit more power go with a 172 or 192. Running engines are around if you look for $500 some less. What to build a hotrod V6 V8? get whatever engine you want and build an adapter plate. Going to be a lot more time and money than and 134/172/192 swap. I finished this 9n V6 with sherman step up conversion earlier this year and I'm have fun with but I do have other tractors to do work with. For Hp you can swap the standard engines with no conversion needed and get 34hp or 45hp or 60 hp or swap in a V6 like mine 150hp. It's your money so it's up to you which way you want to go

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters