Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSwalla
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Ford 861 that has a hydraulic control valve on it. When I push the lever in one direction it pressurizes one of the hoses, when I push it in the other direction it doesn't do anything. Can anyone tell me what the knob (arrow pointing to it) is supposed to do?

[/img]

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with that particular valve, but on other valves, a
screw in that location changes it from single acting to dual acting.
You might try turning it all the way in or out to see if it changes.

Welcome to the forums!

TSwalla
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Here's another view of that valve. I believe it's an OEM valve.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That valve is newer than your tractor.
My 66 model had that style from the
factory.
Not that that matters. The same valve
will fit Fords from 1955 till at least

TSwalla
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you tell me if the adjustment know should be turned all the way in or out to change from single to dual activation?

TSwalla
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried turning the know in fully and backing it out to the point that it would not leak, it made no difference, still acts like a single action valve.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't help on which way to turn the
knob. My tractor is still in a hundred
pieces and I've not used the valve yet.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with that particular valve either, but in your first picture I see a small screw near the large black knob with a few threads exposed. That might be the screw that switches it from single acting to double acting. Try screwing that all of the way in to see if it switches to double acting. The large knob might be a flow control valve that controls how fast the fluid flows.

TSwalla
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean in PA I'll give that a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 861 Hydraulic valve operation? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That knob is the float control valve, it must be turned completely in for double action to work

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters