Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Engine swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking at a engine swap of a 65 Ford 2000 industrial loader backhoe with a totally stuck motor. With a 981 ford with a I think 172 diesel with a bad SOS that is not worth fixing. What would be the problems with a swap from 134 gas to a 172 diesel and 1965 2000 gas down to a 59 981 diesel

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don?t see a problem with it. I think I remember the mounting bracket for the PS pump was different in the Row crop but don?t know if it will be a problem. You will have to use the upper holes for the tin and longer throttle lever cause the diesel tank is bigger. You need electric system with it along with the bigger battery tray. And don?t smash your fingers like I did when mounting the HD flywheel. Other than that can?t think of anything off the top of my head should be pretty straight forward.

daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks So I should have all the parts from the 981. Not sure I understand about the upper holes in the tin? Will the flywheel and clutch off the 2000 gas bolt up to the diesel motor?

Al Baker(pumpman)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mr. Daverd4, Would you consider selling parts from 981 after you are done with the engine swap? I am starting on a 64 4000 crop SOS and am sure I will need a part or two. Al 231/757/0064

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As long as both are 4cyl you should have no problem. Upper holes in axle carrier and on steering housing. Put electric system on with the diesel It?s 12volt

grandpa Love
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone, somewhere needs that power steering off the 901. Will you be selling parts?

daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I actually need it for my 951

daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I buy it I'll give you a call

daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After read some old threads it looks like the flywheel off the 1965 2000 134ci won't work on a 1958 172ci diesel
? Any input would be great. The 172 ci diesel has a SOS bolted to it so nothing of use there.

daverd4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine swap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess what I can't find in old threads is would the flywheel on the back of the 172 diesel bolt up to the 2000 134 clutch. Or does a SOS use a different flywheel never had one apart. The 2000 is a late model just before they went to 3 cylinder

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters