Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ds4600 replacment front tires ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
59chevy36
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: ds4600 replacment front tires ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went out this morning and found the front tire on my tractor had blown. This is the 16x6 rims. It had 265.75. 16 0n it when I bought it. looked like more tire than the rim could take but tires were ok . Whats a good replacement? I would like a tubeless. I have a few 215.85.16 of my truck d range would they be good for now?

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ds4600 replacment front tires ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you dont say which tractor and does it have a loader.

otherwise 750/16 tractor tires would be a good choice for a 4600 tractor(guessing). Newer truck tires are even wider than earlier ones, but ironically a 750/16 truck tire, if you can find them, or a earlier 225/75 r16 dually tires were good choices,, with a 235/75 r16 being a bit wider. All 3 truck tires can be had in load range d or e for heavy loader work. The 255 and 245/85 tires start to get really wide so unless you in blow sand or quick sand....

The 750/16 bias truck tires are available new via mexican and china import tires around here, but then again a lot of tires are made elsewhere now days. And in used take off tires, origin is not usually a factor. I can remember when all rubber came from south america anyway before nylon, rayon, kevlar and radials..

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ds4600 replacment front tires ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since you have the 215-85-16, go with
them. Should work fine.

59chevy36
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ds4600 replacment front tires ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor is a 4600 with a front loader. The 215.85.16 are off my old dually. they were designed for the old 6" rims so I thought they would be ok on the ford. I can look around for the 760 size and see who has them. the 215 s will get it back on the road till then

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: ds4600 replacment front tires ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since you have a loader, yes, a wider tire is better. Rims will have to turned out for the wider tires. A used tire from a tire shop will last for a long time on that tractor. Wide 22 ply aircraft tires work very well also. I have a set of aircraft tires that are 30 years old now that are starting to flap pretty bad now. Might only get 5 more years out of them. CHeap tires!!!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters