Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Super H Hydraulic filler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen many different configurations that have been added to the H filler for hydraulic oil. Does anyone have a good pic of an original setup? I want to add the original dipstick to mine so I need to know the height of the original pipe and cap. Thank you in advance for the info.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The parts book says "PIPE NIPPLE 3/4" x 3-1/4", in oil reservoir."

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must have a Stage 1 with belly pump. Stage 2 with reservoir under the gas tank doesn't have a dip stick, just fill the reservoir till the pump stops sucking air. Thought I read here months ago the belly pump dip stick was 6-1/2 inches long.

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No my pump is on the motor ahead of the distributor. I'm reading in several places that the dipstick is 12 inches long with a washer welded to the top so it don't fall into the tank. That is why I want to know the proper length for the pipe. I don't know for sure but I think it takes 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of oil. That is why I want a dipstick, so I will know when it is full or getting low.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Using the belly pump as a reservoir is common. The original fill pipe came up out the top of the torque tube at the right hand side under the gas tank. If that is yours, the original cap like like a bakers hat or heavy knob. It was covering the washer/rod described below. Proper fill (if the original belly pump is still in there is 6 quarts. If removed and a plate is covering the pump hole. 7 quarts will do. Drain, fill and mark the stick. If using the system, it might need to be checked if hoses and cylinders take oil. Jim

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, I do not have the plate so I will just put in 6 quarts. I think my pipe is original.

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Original with just a pipe nipple the length posted by Barn Y. 9.5 inch down was full. With IH remote control valve set up 13 inch down to full. Have a H with engine driven pump that would be the same type unit you have. Removed the pump and housing from inside the unit, Oil pickup down low and return in the side of the unit. Using 2 gallons give or take, long as it doesn't blow out the fill breather I don't measure to close on how full.

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Super H Hydraulic filler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is your reservoir inside the clutch housing or between the clutch housing and gas tank? You want the dipstick for the reservoir right? Another way to ask, Is your tractor a stage 1 or stage 2? Or, what is your tractor serial number?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters