Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

M5 power steering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought this M5 and got it running pretty nice It has a FEL. the hydraulics work well and are fast. can lift the front end off the ground. The previous owner told me he changed hydraulic fluid and put in 32 hydraulic fluid.
my previous M5 had nice easy power steering. this one steers fairly good when driving, not as easy as my other M5. Also when sitting in one place it is fairly hard to turn the wheels. my other M5 that I sold was easier to turn when the tractor was not in motion.. the oil tank on both is under the seat..
is it possible there is a restriction in there somewhere??
thanks in advance..

JK2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Assuming that it turns equally hard in both directions and the pressure is in the correct range, it is likely that the 10A13378 lever (# 20 in the picture) has flats worn on the sides. Replacing that part will usually correct the problem. They are still available new.
M5 steering valve

John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. For some reason the picture doesn't open.

JK2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It isn't just a picture, it is a page on AGCO's M5 parts book.

Below is the link:

https://na.apb.agcocorp.com/p/white/r2020b00/l/99?

Just paste it in the address bar on your browser. The button in my 1st post works for me so it might be something with your system that doesn't allow it to open.

John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also is this lever hard to change? I don't have a shop to work in and it's getting cold now.

Ill John
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it doesn't work for me because it says "login"

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would have a used valve setup. No idea on condition.

JK2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was using the guest user button so I'm not sure why it would ask for a login.
Was trying to make it easy.

Try this Link:

Then you will have to scroll down to guest user & click on it.
Then select "White", "Parts", "Tractors", Minneapolis Moline", "M5", "Steering Control Valve"
AGCO Parts

jwuertz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you go to the Schnidt Inc web page and click on LOGIN at the bottom and when the login page comes up go to the guest user and click view books. This should get you the parts books area.

http://schmidtinc.com/agcopartsregister.html

John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I will order the part.

John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I will order the part.

John Olynyk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: M5 power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well try as I may. I am unable to get anywhere in Agco. I can't locate the part or picture of where that part goes on the tractor. Not sure if it's my computer or my ignorance.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters