Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
souNdguy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks Like i am going to have to repack the lift cyl in one of my loaders. Was only a drip here or there.. but after moving a bunch of hay bales around this last week.. it is doing a constant fast drip / trickle when under heavy pressure..

The page out of the parts manual shows the breakdown.. but doesn't IDentify the packings needed. Anyone already do this and have packing numbers they used or any advice?

thanks

Soundguy

hurleyjd

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are there any hyd. repair shops in your area. They can repack with parts off of thier shelf. Usually for less money than the kit. Example tension cylinder on a 330 JD round baler. Kit $75.00, Northeast texas Hyd Repair, $35 parts and labor.

souNdguy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm debating trying to do it myself.. or simply take it to the local hyds shop.

The big issue is getting that large cap of fthe end. I'm not sure i have a vice / pipe wrench combp big enough.. and it would be pointless to go buy a 50$ 3' pipe wrench and a 75$ bigger vice.. if the hyd shop is gonne charge me 60$ to repack.. etc.. so I'm still up in the air on this one..

Soundguy

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've rebuilt a few cylinders and had good luck with some and bad luck with others. Now days when ever I can I have a hyd shop do it for me then if its wrong I can take it back and have it fixed right. If I do it I can't take it back to any body but my self so it costs me more $$ if I goof

souNdguy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i thought i was gonna cheat a little and leave the cyl installe donthe tractor and throw the wrench on it.. but now I'm thinking that won't be a good idea. I'll see about knocking those loader pins out tomorrow afternoon so i can load that thing up and let it oil up someone else's shop...

Soundguy

john_bud

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Murn / underdog 711 loader lift cyl packing?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris,

I ONLY do packing myself after the local hydraulic shop put the wood to me. I had explicit instructions in writting to call me if it was going to be over $150. Only call was a
"it's done", when I got there the bill was $350+. My only option at that point was to go to court and have them keep the cylinder for an indefinite time or pay. ABCDEF-ing bast--s! I looked up the packing from

http://www.hddistributors.com/

and it would have been about $60.

If you don't have a big enough vise, loosen the cap while it is still on the tractor. Only a pipe wrench or a pin wrench needed.

jb

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters