Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

oversize pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimg.allentown
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: oversize pages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a question:

From time to time, I find a post that has a HUGE picture in it or a really long IP address. The page gets too big to fit on my screen, and I have to keep scrolling back and forth to read the posts.

Is this a bug, a "feature," or is something broken?

I have tried to resize my browser magnification factor, but now the picture will fit but the test is too small to read.

I wonder if this is something that can be fixed?

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: oversize pages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, that happens when someone doesn't use the upload to put a photo in, but rather a link to a photo somewhere else. When you use the normal upload, it resizes the photo so that can't happen, but it's out of our control when someone just points to the photo elsewhere.

I looked at it before hoping to find a way to identify when someone does that, but the problem is, there are numerous ways they can code the link and I'd probably not be able to figure them all out.

Technically, we should be able to force the page size, but we haven't been successful with that.

The easiest solution is just for people to upload their photos. That's preferable too since photos not stored on our site, frequently just disappear after a time, and the page is then referencing a non-existent picture. This sort of thing is disastrous to future viewers who search to find an answer to something and the post makes no sense without the photo. This happened all over the net when photobucket used to be popular as a free photo repository. All of a sudden they made it a pay site and blocked all the photos that people had uploaded and put in posts. It ruined all the good information they'd tried to convey in posts.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters