Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis b spluttering

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is where the main jet is located as shown in the second picture, Sometimes you can see dirt but sometimes you can't and it can have a spec of dirt inside the jet. Sometimes it can be cleared with a small wire like is on some paper tags. I have cleared that jet at tractor pulls without removing the carburetor with a wire I kept in my tool box.

Big Mac T20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a look at that nozzle today. After removing the cap there was no obvious dirt so will remove the nozzle. It just pulls out you don?t screw it out?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What I do when I have that problem on my C is take the cap off the main jet and then turn on the gas and let some gas flow out of the main jet. If it does not flow well I poke it out with a piece of wire or my torch tip cleaning tool.

The main jet screws out but more of the time you destroy the main jet before you get them to screw out

Big Mac T20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How do you remove this nozzle ,I thought possibly using a screw driver but it?s very tight and didn?t want to damage anything.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of the time you damage those jets when you try to remove them and end up with bigger trouble. Spray it out real good with carb cleaner spray and then use a piece of wire to poke it out or as I do a torch tip cleaner tool and repeat a couple of times. Yes it can be removed but you Gun smith type screw drivers and many times heat to free them up. I have never removed them and had good luck doing it the way I said to

Big Mac T20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok folks well after an hour or so in the workshop I split the carb to see what was inside. Gave all the nozzles a good spray with carb cleaner and a good blow out with the airline. My worry was that I didn?t find anything obvious regarding dirt etc. But I went to observe the float and I have discovered I have a very sticky float needle! I make the point here that this carb was completely overhauled when i bought it and hasn?t done much but it?s possible it could have got sticky overtime.

To try and sort this I was going to spray some carb cleaner in and see how I go. Or does anyone have any other tricks they can tell me?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you notice the float needle has the ring on it for the float needle spring and with out that spring to pull the needle down when the float goes do yes it will stick. So if it was rebuilt who ever did the job left out the spring clip for the float/needle

Big Mac T20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Allis b spluttering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok well I finally got a carb spring for my float as thanks to one of the members on here told me it was missing, much appreciated for your help! I just wondered now according to my pictures have I got the spring in the correct place as I can?t seem to get a good picture of one online to show me?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters