Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Owatonna flow meter parts

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a request not about Case but one of my favorite subjects, mostly it will apply to ex dealers . I need some replacement parts for an OTC Y94-A the later model is the 4221 flow meter and those two items carry the same part numbers between the two models, the 4221 is the digital version of the same flow meter, for those familiar they had a tubular metal square frame with rounded corners which I need and also I need the square instrument panel cover. Maybe someone on here has info I could use, my hope is find a dead one that could be obtained reasonably. Here is hoping you all had a great Christmas and wishing all a happy and prosperous New Year.

Mel

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mEl is this the meter that needs parts? Haven't found any parts yet in a quick search for OTC Y94-A. Is this a Case p/n for the meter CAS-10280?

Joe

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Exactly Joe, I came into possession of the one I used for years in a state of disrepair but serviceable with some TLC. The PNs in need of are 50960-BK2 wraparound and 60422-BL2 cover,

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe, Case used the CAS number to designate special service tools. Not a part number in the traditional sense.

Roger Link
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give me a call 715-308-2163 I may have what you need

matthies
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brother works for CaseIH and told me that they send theirs in to OTC to get rebuilt. I also picked one up(the old white and blue box) but it works fine. OTC goes by SPX tools now if I remember right.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are right about SPX and it appears that they are an arm of Bosch, I have been in touch with SPX and the tech help line took me back to OTC, and I have found out that the meter that followed the Y94-A which is what I have, the 4221 was discontinued in 2006 and seems they no longer support either one with parts.They have the lid but close to $130, but the wraparound is made of unobtainium.

097Clint
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of my most favorite piece of test equipment,I use mine allot.dies yours eat the batteries at a rapid rate too?.there were a couple I ran across recently,I will check to see if they are still around
Clint

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have and use the power cord that came with it that clamp to the + battery terminal or the + wire at the starter and a ground point. If you do not have one it would not be hard to make up.

097Clint
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank YOU mEL, I bought mine off of eBay a long time ago,had no manuals or anything with it,have half heartedly looked for any manuals for it but ,well,lol.so I was unaware of external power.thank you.you learnt me again.one of these days I am going to pick yours and the other more experienced techs minds on a problem with a 1070,. But that's later lol
Clint

097Clint
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mEL,The part numbers listed for your flowmeter have a list of an M E L prefix,that is a bobcat predix,if you have a dealership around your area, they may have one in their piles of used equipment.juat a thought if you hadn't already tried that
Clint

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, My SIL works at a bobcat dealer, I'll have him check.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Clint, where did you find that info? The MEL prefix.

097Clint
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mEL,I have been a mobile tech for bobcat for allot of years.one of the main reasons I have the hydraulic knowledge I have,
Clint

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Owatonna flow meter parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Clint, I worked for the same Case dealer for 52 years and my specialty was probably the 530 - 580 - 590 series backhoes clear up to the 580Ns + all the skid steers, I myself own a 1840, In my opinion one of the best skidsteers ever made regardless of the brand. On backhoes we did a T test on every new machine checking every circuit and recording it on a flow sheet and putting it in a notebook for future reference so we could compare flows at a later date, as you well know these flow testers will detect a leak as small as .5 gal. Our latest hoes were approaching 50 GPM. That added up to a lot of time turning the knob. A you well know the flow meter will help you put your finger on the problem within minutes without parts changing and guessing. On the ag tractors I usually isolate the pump and check it first as some problems can mimic a pump so it's better to look at that first.

Getting this meter up and running is more a labor of love than necessity because of the amount of time I spent with it!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters