Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A 600 Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were made for a year right,or not to long, but what was the last serial number?

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can?t answer your question but I find it ironic both Case and IH made a 600 at almost the same time and both wheat land tractors.

jal-SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

600 Case made only in 1957, I believe. Available only in diesel & LP gas. I think it had an 8 speed tranny, the one my B-I-L had would really move down the road. jal-SD

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Which 600?

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The big 600 has a six speed transmission. Two extra gears were added via an external cast housing on the left side of the transmission. It probably goes fast because of the 34" rear rubber. Don

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well i meant the 600 case tractor, what was the last serial number or about the last one! They both made a 400 tractor also , but lets not get into that !!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

built for 13 months only (if my mind is working right) as the new President of Case that came in did not like the styling,, he introduced the "B" Series with the Famous Eye-Brow headlights to replace the 600 and it became the 900
cnt

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The IH 600 was made only in 1956.

GreenEnvy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do think the 900 looks better. Love the dash too.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case made 2 different 600 tractors. The 4 cyl one and the 6 cyl one. WHICH ONE?

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 6 cylinder

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If memory serves me, (there are times it does not!) there was over 1600 made before they went to the "900"
I stand to be corrected.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Don, good to see you. Yes, as you mentioned the "600" had a six speed transmission, as the "500" was introduced in 1954, with the old "LA" 4 speed, which really cooled off some "500" sales. We had a "500" on the farm mixed in with the others, I really enjoyed running it. (but then what Case didn't I enjoy! :)

Hope all is good at your ranch Don.

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thehickdaddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A 600 Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always thought that was quite the coincidence also

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters