Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rollin Banbsaw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Rollin Banbsaw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have always wanted one but never pulled the trigger on one. I never had enough future work to make my mind justify one. We spent the extra time milling. Anyone here have one or used one. They are great for rough a few degrees of angle cuts that is not a thru cut.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Rollin Banbsaw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made a table for my Ellis to use it vertical that's the way I use it 90% of the time... You will love it...

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rollin Banbsaw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Place I worked many years ago had one.

It got much more use as a regular band saw than using the roll in feature.

Maybe if it were perfectly aligned and had the correct and very good blade it would have been a better saw, but trying to use the roll in, it could never be trusted to cut straight and not grab and throw the blade.

There was just never enough use for it to take the time to set it up properly. And there were those who used it that had no clue what they were doing, could destroy a new blade instantly.

But if you have a need, and the room, they do have potential.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rollin Banbsaw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have always told my employees there was always time to set up a machine properly rather than to redo two or three times. Now if I took the time to follow my own instructions I would have saved a bunch of time over the years. (:^D. Working by myself I tend to take shortcuts that sometimes do not end up saving time or materials. No examples I care to share at this time. (:^D

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollin Banbsaw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All my tools are on wheels.
I have a 120 inch blade on metal band saw, it can cut angles.
I have a 14 inch delta wood bandsaw. Don't use it much, but nice when I need to cut curves in wood.
When it comes to wood, I use table saw a lot for straight cuts. geo.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters