Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Skidded a little firewood today

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures of getting firewood today for my
brother today with the tajfun winch and
grapple on front.

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That rig looks like some kind of big bug.

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the kubota bug lol

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice rig. I have a Kubota B2150 with a home built 3pt hitch skidding arch and a LA350A loader. Sure wish that I had a grapple bucket on front, but I get along with with it nicely. Too cheap to spring for a 3 spool valve!!!
I much prefer cutting and processing my firewood in the summer when I don't need to ware 25# of extra cloths to stay warm.-----------------Loren

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have hoses from the remotes on the back to operate the grapple

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After dragging the logs across the mud you'll dull a saw chain in a hurry when you cut them up.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Exactly! That why I like to cut wood when there's snow on the ground, and it's froze!

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Frozen can be even worse a small piece of ice on or inside the log in a cavity will quickly dull a saw cutter about the same as hitting metal.

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's why you carry a file in the toolbox

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

??? My chainsaw sure doesn't get dull when I cut a hole in the lake ice to flood a skating rink.

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Russ no matter what you post on here someone will is going to have something negative to say about it.we all know dirt and stuff will eventually dull a chain comes with the territory. I guess I should of posted this pic with the others it keeps them dry and clean

gears
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Even "clean and dry" that culvert will dull your chain...... ;)

rick n ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it would eat that chain up in a
hurry lol

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Skidded a little firewood today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not to worry, skidded like that for years, still do until I can make log length and use the 3 pt hitch forks. Never noticed excessive dulling, I just use a whisk or other broom where I'll make a cut or often times the logs have curves, bends and very little contacts the ground. Ones I hate are when they want to plow a furrow, again, I just section them up and get them with the 3 pt forks. I have even hosed them off, I like to process near my garage.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters