Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Load shaft shims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
37chief
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the clearance between the load shaft bushing, and the lift arm bearing? My manual doesn't mention shims, but I see them for other tractors. I would think they should be fairly snug. Mowing in rough fields I hear the arms bouncing back and forth. any thoughts? Stan

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A machinery washer with an ID of 0.900 in should be fine. Just shim all side to side movement from L/D shaft with draft links attached

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get an assortment of sizes from Deere, some times you may need to sand/grind the surface area while the A-frame is down to get rid of the worn depression... do away with all the end play that you can,, too much is why the seals fail too soon.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Tim S wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:08:09 01/14/20) You can get an assortment of sizes from Deere, some times you may need to sand/grind the surface area while the A-frame is down to get rid of the worn depression... .

Tim
When you state "A frame" you must be thinking about rowcrop not utility tractor because as I know you're aware JD utility such as 401B has no "A frame" for 3 pt draft arms to attach to.

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found ones at Tractor Supply that fit my JD 1020. I think I ended up using 3 on mine to remove the play.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes,, I thought we were talking about real tractors...

37chief
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My tractor can beat up your tractor. Stan

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The same thing apples to utility tractors if the shaft is not shimmed up tight it will eat the load seals up...

matthies
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice reply Tim S, I have the same feeling.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Load shaft shims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just used shims from places like tractor supply . You want to shim them pretty tight

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters