Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pea_grower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to swap rock doors on an F2 Gleaner. Anyone got a simple method to get the pin out? Really don't care if it's simple

Mark

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You mean the hinge pin? Obviously use a smaller pin as a punch. The best luck I've had was using an air hammer [hammer head in an air chisel]

It was amazing- after pounding on the pin without much success, the air tool knocked it right out of there.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably bent a little as the rock door is. The air hammer works nice, otherwise pounding and a chisel point. As you hammer on it you will mushroom the end and it
won?t pass through, so sand down or grind down or whatever before you get the mushroom wedged in.

I took mine out, so long ago I don?t honestly remeber if there was any problem with my hinge. Must not have been tight if I can?t remember it.

Paul

Swede in IOWA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark shoot me an email, had a computer problem and lost your address. Swede

pea_grower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Any clues to removing the pin on the rock door on a F2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been spraying PB on it. Was cool today, so decided to try it. Heated sleeves on both ends, hit it 3-4 times and it popped loose. Beat on a 6-inch bolt to push it in. Then just pulled it out with adjustable pliers.

Heavy as it is, I better block the other door up, or it'll hurt me.

Now just have to figure out how to set the spike to thresh out some wheat.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters