Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tractor Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a few old tractors sitting around the place, and my kid has taken interest in restoring a Case LA. Is there a similar resource to the JD one that can provide information about original delivery, what it was shipped with, buyer, etc?

The tractor is in decent shape, so I think this may go pretty good for the first one. Any info/advice would be appreciated, and hopefully I could help someone out in the future. I have a few old Farmall letter series as well that I would look into as well.

A pic of the LA

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, Build cards can be requested from the records office at Racine. I don't have the name and number on hand right now but someone here should. You could also do an archive search too.
Some records are NLA because of theft/fire/accountability issues throughout history.

Here are some blanks I made based off the one I got for my 300.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Contact Joan for build card. Joan is a very nice person, she has other duties as well as hunting through the build cards to match your tractor so please be patient and courteous in return. Have your tractor model and serial nr in hand when you contact her.

Joan
262-636-7540
Document Management
2205 Durand Ave
Racine, Wi 53403
joan.larson@external.cnhind.com

Following is a link to CaseIh site, parts breakdown for Case LA series tractors.

Joe
https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts search.html?csid 8e048491bf5e484921c4571204a10c78&sl EN¤cy epc::mr48966

V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks gents, that is a good start.

Grampajohn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If he needs the case factory service manual for the LA, I will be happy to donate it to his project. Send me an email with your address and I will drop a nice new copy in the mail.

gramps

V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will send an email, many thanks sir.

V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually, I am not sure how find the email on here, and the PM is disabled. tckaker@gmail will reach me, and I can reply with my address.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

grampajohn, what a kind and nice thing to do for this new collector. I just love seeing the young guys starting out.

BarryfromIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get him involved in FFA they have a few suppler donations But there is also judging.

Texas Cowboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look into the Delo Trc contest. Just google Delo Trc. All three of my kids were finalists in the
contest. Tony

Texas Cowboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you would rather talk direct to someone you can call me 830-nine 3 one-52 one one. Tony

V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, we will look into that.

Tony, are your near Pleasanton?

V35B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor Info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks all for the info and advice. We got our build card in today, Joan was very helpful.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters