Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Beginning of cutover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As you know, our old servers are just about dead. The first step in getting on the new ones was to move tractorshed. We are thinking about bringing it up this morning. If so, if all goes well, you'll not be able to connect to photo ads for 15 minutes or so, and then it should reappear. I have to knock the old one down, sync the file systems and bring the new one up. That's what takes the time.

When it comes up, you will get that security warning on some browsers that says it's "insecure" since tractorshed doesn't use the https encryption for its domain. It's still an http site like it always was, and you have to tell it you still want to connect to it if you don't mind using it as you have since 1997 or so.

Again, let me stress that none of the changes we are making over the next week or so change the appearance or how you use YT, they are all just to get our stuff on modern computer hardware.

I'm still fiddling at the moment so if it's not this morning, it could be anytime thereafter.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tractorshed is up on the new hardware and appears to be far faster than it used to be. I realize that this is not what you've been hoping for since it's the forum server that gets the heaviest traffic and is creating most of the critical errors and page load failures. But it was important to do this transition first and make sure our hardware is working well.

The forums server is far more complex and while it's virtually ready to go, we will be waiting until this tractorshed transition proves it's reliability under load before beginning the YT move.

Tractorshed handles the gallery photos and the photo ads. Tell us of any problems you running into on tractorshed. You can email to support at yesterdaystractors.com or admin at yesterdaystractors.com and we'll look into any problems.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just visited gallery photos for kicks and it is noticeably quicker. Thank you.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know if its related to the new server, but I tried using the search function in Tractor Photos and most of the photos in the listed results do not display anything when you click on them. The page comes up with all the normal headers and links to the left, but the photo area of the page is blank.

Dan

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That isn't related to the cutover, it was already doing that sometimes. I will mention it to Kim because it has something to do with some changes a couple of years ago that she was working on. Seems like occasionally, several photos won't complete the upload correctly and then won't display.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I spoke too soon. I don't see the bug I was talking about. The photos on Tractor Photos seem to be displaying fine for me. There is one on the second page where someone tried to put a link in to advertise his tractor for sale and that messed up that one. But otherwise, they look okay unless you mean farther down in the gallery.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Tractor Photos work fine for me when clicking on them from the initial pages.
The problem is when I try to use the 'Search for' box at the bottom of the list.
If I type in 'Ford', the search results don't make any sense (I get a bunch of
Case photos instead for instance). It is the photos in the Search for:
search results list that aren't working.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, I see. I'll take a look at it. Might be an oversight in the cutover. I didn't test the search.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginning of cutover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Works good now, thanks!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters