Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH Steering Wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm working on a Ford 4200.
My steering wheel is real bad, plastic all busted away, etc and NO One has a replacement for it.
This steering wheel is dished much deeper than the all purpose 4000/5000s.
My dish is about 5 1/2" from the bottom of the hub to the top of the wheel.
Was there an IH model with a deep dish like that?
My splined steering shaft is 3/4" but I have access to lathes, mills and the like and can modify either my splined shaft or a different hub to fit so am not too worried about it fitting on the hub.
What models of IH or other brand should I look for that they sell a new deep dish steering wheel for?
Not the best photos but they give you some idea.
I will post this on the JD board too.
Thanks for any info.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As long as you can/are willing to modify the mounting hole as needed, why limit your search to tractor steering wheels?

Lots of automotive steering wheels from the 60's and 70's were "deep".

For some reason, a 1964 Ford Galaxie steering wheel comes to mind.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not aware of ah IH wheel that is that deep.More important,is the hole. Diameter,splined,or keyed.Several companys offer replacement wheels.

Whiskey Bent
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Allis Chalmers had some deep dish steering wheels, thinking 185, 190?

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2940 deere has a deeper wheel like that not sure if it is right though.

Curt Cooke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dog, is Minn-Kota Repair still active? Not that many years ago, they did a wheel or 2 for me.
Curt

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just saw in the Farm Show paper that the guy that makes the replacement gauges does that. Jerry T???? is his name.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: IH Steering Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I might have found something.
Right diameter wheel and correct dish.
I will have to rework the hub but am okay with that.
Thanks for the ideas!
Click here

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters