Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had just posted a reply to JayinNY with pictures, on the OT forum & got a error 22 message. I backed out of the preview & the post with pics turned up anyhow without submitting. I went to start a fresh post in Tractor Talk & post some pictures & nothing came up in the preview at all. Would I be correct in assuming you're still doing server work & this is all a side effect?

Thanks,
Mike

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, we are. This server you are running on is still the old ailing server. We are giving at least two weeks of running in production on the Tractorshed replacement, then we are moving the YT site. The YT side is far more complex and will be disruptive.

My recollection is that Error 22 is indicative of a bad character that will not work on classic view and post subjects can't be matched. For the most part, it's phones that produce these characters and replies fail to those posts. The root problem is that classic is so old it doesn't honor modern characters sets. New servers won't fix this problem unfortunately.

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ah, got it. Hmmmm.... I didn't try to post anything from my phone, they were pics from my scanner. The ones of the moon to JayinNY were from my
digital camera. I will admit they're both old enough to throw out some odd characters or dinosaur bones. I'll give it my scout's best in a bit & try
again.

Many thanks for the continued efforts to keep the site going!

Regards,
Mike

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Usually the 22 error comes when someone else posts a message with a subject that when replied to, can't match up. What I was saying about the phones, is that they use a modern character set where if someone creates a post with some special characters, it creates that condition if you try to reply. There are other reasons it can happen too. If the subject is too long, sometimes it can't reply. It just means it can't create the modern view side of the post because it can't figure out where to put it. The 22 only happens on Classic.

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ahhhh, I think I get it. So the original post was by phone & when I respond in classic, that's when it gets hung up? I don't think the subject was too
long.

Mike

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Are You Guys Still Working On The Servers.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Usually, it's an apostrophe, question mark or exclamation point. The new versions look the same, but they aren't and classic has a lot of trouble with them because it can't compare the subject on that side with the subject on this. It's something I wish I could figure out.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters