Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Just Curious

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris S.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Just Curious Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seen a 52 8N on Ebay here a couple minutes ago and I notice on the Right Fender the seller has his hand crank mounted with 2 brackets, was this an option on these old tractors or is this a homemade job? It's a practical idea beins I always layed mine on top of my gas tank and tool box.

Ross Pugh(NC)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Just Curious Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 8N has the brackets ut I never knew what they were for. I don't have a hand crank.

Kenster

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don"t have a crank. I hope I never have need for one but, just in case.... where can I find one? I"ve never seen them listed in any of the web parts stores or on ebay.
And what does it look like, in case I ever run into one?

Bob Harvey

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The jack handle from pre '90 Mazda pickups is a perfect fit...easy to get (maybe your neighbor has a Mazda.........?)

Colin King

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They do occasionally show up on ebay.

John Smith has a photo on his site of an original crank.

If you ever get one and need to use it, be very very careful!

Colin

Dunk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just thinking out loud, but that would be a pic of an 8N hand crank, it wouldn't work on a 9N due to the keyhole slot.

A 9N wouldn't have the enlarged ring in the middle, that's purpose is to center it in the pivot tube.

The 9N keyhole slot would acomplish the same thing.

Dunk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know no one was talking about 9Ns, I was just thinking..

Colin King

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Dunk,

that's interesting. I didn't know that.

So here's my question ... I've got a mongrel 8N w/2N engine. So you're saying I'd need a different crank? Is this something that could be modified with a little handy dandy welding?

Colin

Dunk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It took a bit to find, but here you have the open 8N, and the keyhole 9N pins.

Colin King

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Dunk, but I not understanding. From left to right is the kingpin, 9N pin, and 8n pin?

How are they attached to the crank shaft?

Dunk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The pic is the front axle pivot pins, the left one is 8N, the middle one is 9N, and the right one is an old, and broke 9N.

The hand crank has to go thru the pivot pin to get to the ratchet bolt on the front of the pulley.

Dunk

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You probably have the 8N pivot pin.

Colin King

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That makes sense. Thank you. Yes, I do have the 8N pin.

Randy(PA)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a NAA-17040-A crank, which was released in 1951 (on the print).

Bob Harvey

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: hand cranks Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The jack handle from pre '90 Mazda pickups is a perfect fit...easy to get (maybe your neighbor has a Mazda.........?)

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters