Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Idea Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cris and Kim, I would like to just make a sugestion. You know how you have the Ford section devided up with the N section and then just a Ford section. My thoughts are on the John Deere section if you could do something like that spliting the 2 Cylinder erra from the New Generation and up area. I think there are a a lot like me that are only interested in the 2 Cylinder area and not at all interested in the 3010-4010 and up tractors and having to hunt thru all the new tractor questions to find any posts on the 2 cylinder area makes us just skip looking. Also on the Farmal section if you could make a letter tractor section seperate from the later number section. Just a thought. When I first came on here in the late 90's very little on the tractors from the 60's up but now it is just the opposite and having all posts mixed together makes it harder for us to find what we are looking for. And I was well satified with my parts order from a couple of months back. Leroy

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Idea Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The JD one really makes since because they are different animals completely. If only we would have thought about it at the first, but I don't think we expected that eventually the "modern" tractors would be antiques as they are now. People are even restoring Kubotas nowadays.

On the Farmalls, it's actually less clear. The numbered series are very clearly the same machine with improvements in some cases.

Adding in forums is a big deal though, and there have been some good ideas for that. Especially for those Modern Antiques, we really should have a better place. But for the foreseeable future, just getting the new YT server in has all the attention right now. It's a massive switchover and risky (though the Tractorshed switchover turned out to be a non-event fortunately). After that is done, we can start looking at changes.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Idea Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was just a thought that I thought I would throw out at you. The Farmall if it could be figured out for including the 350 & 450 modes with the letter it would be in same family of tractors but like the 12XX series is way different. Not familuar with models newer than the 450.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Idea Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No worse than the Oliver/Cockshutt forum. I'm not complaining at all about the two being on one forum,but when you get down to it,they were only the same tractors prior to 1946 and after 1962. The ones between 46 and 62 were totally different tractors. Then when you throw in the Whites,well,I go to the Moline forum from time to time because the Whites replaced the Molines too,not just the Olivers and Cockshutts.

Never hurts to learn something new now and then when reading about things you don't have.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters