Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in Central NY was a CASE dealership started in the 40's, shortly after WW 2. Had been C-IH right up until recently when it got bought by a larger C-IH chain dealership. A good friend of ours who works in 1 of the chain stores is also a long time "CASE guy" who was after anything CASE the new management didn't want. When he would ask to come and take a look, they said "yeah, we'll let you know". Just very recently, last time he checked, they told him "all that old sh't is gone, filled 3 dumpsters". My friend said there were parts, parts books, service manuals and old literature. Our friend didn't want it all for himself, he wanted me to go along, maybe something was there that could have helped any one of us.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's sick.

kenbob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those stories make me sick. My Cousin is a big Allis fan and especially loves CAs. THere was a huge parts warehouse west of Chicago not far from my cousin's home. He went to the warehouse one day after allis was finished and they were closing the facility. THere knew of 6 complete CA crate engines setting there. He went there with the intention of trying to buy one, but they had already sold those and the rest of their parts for scrap.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SO sad when that happens and it has happened time and time again.

To the folks taking over and selling million dollar equipment the old stuff is worth less than nothing, it's just a nuisance.

A nuisance that (apparently) has to be dealt with by destroying it.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad that so many have the throw away mentality now days when much could have been worth a lot of $$

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The corporate mindset. No sense of respect or loyalty to previous customers or sense of appreciation for history. Criminal behavior IMHO

RBnWA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AMEN... RB

EP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Idiots. I remember that same thing happening when the Case an IH merger happened when some small dealers shut their doors. In my opinion when these conglomerates take over a bunch of individual dealerships, customer service suffers.

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like MONROE TRACTOR ???

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a loss for you and your friend, but look at it from the store manager's perspective. Unless your friend offered some substantial money for the whole lot ($1,000s), and guarantee to remove it all within one day, it really was not worth the extra time and hassle for the store to save any of it.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you say about "hassle" is debatable. We were not even offered a chance to take a look and make an offer. To most all on this forum, everything was quite valuable, shall I say "invaluable". To the new store manager it was sh't.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a long time dealer who started the same year we did in 1966 Gave me every Case parts book they had FREE,, it was going to me or the dumpster they said as they did not want other competing shops in town to have them,, I have over 500 lbs of parts books and binders from the 30's through current Case CE machines, I did not take the cih binders so they went in the dumpster,, it was two pallets full of them,,

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:17:26 03/06/20) a long time dealer who started the same year we did in 1966 Gave me every Case parts book they had FREE,, it was going to me or the dumpster they said as they did not want other competing shops in town to have them,, I have over 500 lbs of parts books and binders from the 30's through current Case CE machines, I did not take the cih binders so they went in the dumpster,, it was two pallets full of them,,

Seems no less sad that the IH ones couldn't be saved!

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suspect your friend had a fair idea what the manuals could be worth to him, but he was hoping to get them for free or next to nothing. Now-a-days people need to make a serious offer up front for those kinds of things it they really want them. It could have taken your friend several weeks to go through three dumpsters of manuals and work up an offer on each individual piece. A store manager does not have anywhere near the time for that.

An offer of $1,000 or more up front for the lot might have gotten some attention, especially if he promised to removed them quickly and save the store some disposal fees. An offer of paying the store nothing while tying up several days of their employees time can't be taken seriously, so they decided they were much better off not ever to let him into the store.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Really Sad. 3 Dumpsters full. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are making baseless assumptions. Bottom line. you got a lot of...??..I better stop.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters