Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
islandgreen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone use SHOUP for parts? I bought a 918 jd flex head and it needs skid plates.Shoup has very good prices compared to jd but measurements are not the same as jd.I would not want to order and ship to eastern Canada and have them not fit.Has anyone had any experience with this.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In general Shoup has a very good reputation. I get nearly all my green planter parts there. I?m not familiar with their corn head parts and not green ones at all so I can?t speak to your parts specifically.

LonM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a shoup kit for our 215 JD flex head, which included new poly and the steel skid plates, as well as new guards, knife back, and sickle sections. It all fit together pretty well, and made a big difference. Probably the hardest part was riveting the poly to the steel, but with some punches to align it, and a few clamps to hold things in place while you set the rivets, it goes fine. I did buy some new washers, snap rings, bolts, and rubber bushings from JD for attaching the plates to the header struts underneath.

The old skid plates and knife were so worn and fit so sloppy that we were breaking brand new guards. I haven't done anything other than replace a few sections since rebuilding the head three years ago. I would certainly do it again.

Lon

LonM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In regards to measurements, it might be a good idea to call Shoup and ask why there is a discrepancy. Things fit fine on our 215 head, but maybe your 900 series is different.

Lon

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy a lot of parts from Shoup. Good people. In fact,I'm ordering today.

islandgreen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone for their reply. I will call them before I order.

Mark (EC,IN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: JD head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy a lot of combine and planter parts from Shoup. Totaly rebuilt a corn head with their parts last fall. Never had any problems, good parts and good people to work with.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters