Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help to identify deere pull mower

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hvacpro85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know what model this deere mower is?

MF#1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to JDparts.com and type in "gyromor"? Not sure I spelled it right :-(

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some more closeup photos would help ID rotary cutter but I think it's a model 127

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what we had 35+ years ago I think that is it.

jacksun65
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

127 gyromower I have the 3pt version it's missing the cover over the gearbox and clutch. The blades and bolts are made of unobtanium

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jacksun65 wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:00:54 03/25/20) 127 gyromower I have the 3pt version it's missing the cover over the gearbox and clutch. The blades and bolts are made of unobtanium

According to JD parts blades/bolts are still available for model 127.

JD prices for parts at local JD dealer.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As mentioned- model 127 z I have one just like it except the gear box is a little different.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The z is a mistake. Model 127.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JK-NY wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:33:56 03/25/20) As mentioned- model 127 z I have one just like it except the gear box is a little different.

What is gearbox on your cutter different? Can you post a photo of your cutter & gearbox? Parts schematics does list 2 different part #s for gearbox housings

Jon Erickson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a 127. Genuine Deere replacement blades are extremely expensive. I have been searching for an aftermarket source of blades.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The gearbox housing is cast and sort of rounded with a flat
removable cover on the back. There is a slip clutch in the
drive line just ahead of the gearbox. The pto shaft has the
plastic shield on it. I bought it used 35 + years ago. I would
take a picture but it is covered snow right now.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That PTO shaft-shield is either a very late model mower or a replacement shaft as they were built long before the plastic shielding came about. Upside down trough type of shield what we had but sold the mower in early-mid 80's. Dad bought a different mower a few years after selling the 127 and he was in good health then and passed away from cancer in very early 90's.

gmcdeadhead
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heres my 127 gyramore cutter, its in excellent shape , bought it off an old lady who only used it to groom horse trails, i then new a guy who had some NOS blades , bolts ,nuts, and wear guards , i cant wait to try them out this spring,

[/img]

Jon Erickson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice and also interesting pictures. Real nice find. Thanks for posting it

gmcdeadhead
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help to identify deere pull mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jon erickson, what kind of blades are you looking for? flat, pick up , suction ? , deere made 3 different types for this mower ,

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters