Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Always happens during a quarantine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 rolls of line for a string trimmer I no longer have and none for the one I now have.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many quarantines have you ever had before this one ? This is my first one in 56 years. Stores are still open that sell it even though you would think they would not be.
Is the line you have too large of diameter for the new one ? or just on prepackaged spools for a certain model ? if the prepackaged kind just unroll it and put it on the correct spool.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

None before 2020 BC. Before Co.

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only the polio epidemic quarantine which wasn't like this one. No gatherings, pool closed, no little league but we lived in a small town and Daddy had a garden. Also a couple of hurricanes and quite a number of flash floods. The hurricanes and flash floods did cause disruption if many services. Mostly it was just a case of not having what I needed and it's a bigger problem to get what I need right now. The diameter and weight of what I have is too heavy for my light weight wacker. I can put a few wraps on and run it a short while before it get hot then have to wait.

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we had the polio epidemic here in Texas. lots of people, especially kids sick and many died.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad had polio as a kid in the 1930's.

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bad stuff. the docs thought I had a mild case but it was never proven. my grandmother had it back before 1900. She lived to be 89. I still remember lining up in the gym for my sugar cube when the vaccine finally came about.

rlp in Co.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drilled out the holes in my string trimmer so I could use heavy line. The skinny stuff just doesn't last long for my weeds. Do you have a numbered drill set? You might need it to avoid getting a hole too large.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Buy it on line. Or call the hardware store and see if they can take your money and leave a brown paper bag!! Jim

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure glad we are not on a lock down yet. U just had a hyd hose go bad so need to pick one up tomorrow

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Travis County and all the counties around are on lock down. I could go to Walmart about 3 miles down the road and buy some groceries and some line (probably) but it isn't worth the effort. i'll just stick some of the thicker stuff on it when the spool on it now runs out. Picture in the Austin paper this mornig showed a bunch of 20 somethings at barton creek swimming and sunning together.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use heavier line in my trimmer than it's designed for. I squeeze the end of the line with a pair of pliers to reduce the size and then push it in the anchor hole with the pliers.

dcarp
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, John, you could always spray Barrier and stop the trimming for a long time.

My brother had polio, was in the hospital for about 10 months. I was given more shots, sugar cubes, pills, than I ever thought was possible. But I got lots of lollipops and some 1 dollar bills. At the time I was 6 yrs old, thought I was getting rich.

wjytexas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David, I plan to spray the backyard fence line but still need to clean up around trees etc

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Always happens during a quarantine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is your line too big or do you think its too small? I use the same .080 line as Daddy puts in his Weed Eater just so we don't have to have two kinds of line around. My Echo will take .095 easily and I see customers with .105 in theirs.

Also don't put all the line in the spool will hold. When you pack it tight it increases the tendancy to weld together on the spool.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters