Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

YTSupport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been getting the same error, site has been slow almost 2 months. I edit my photos and the usually loaded in 1-2 seconds but now take a LOT longer. National Service full country loads in a 20 seconds or so. We are using Windows 10 pro.

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried to reply to both Johns and the YT replies and got the error, Then posted message to YT and went ok but was slow.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We did some tests this morning because Kim, on a different circuit remote, was getting horrible response. She thought the site was being hammered. I was at the farm using Hughes and couldn't see anything wrong, it was fast and working fine. Then both of us got on Verizon and it too was fast for both of us. The one provider was just having their net bandwidth completely exhausted.

In the recent past, we did have some very bad slowness and we identified and fixed it. That may have been what you saw up until last week. But it's been fast ever since.

There are a few facts in play. The net has currently well over twice the usage it's ever had in history. Oversubscribed ISPs are going to be terrible to some places on the net, to others not so bad. Networks are normally not sized to handle all their subscribers and it's even worse if all their subscribers are using video, which most people are nowadays. There are pass-off points between the major networks and if your local connection is busy, it will be amplified at those choke points, some choke points more than others. Part of this is just traffic, part of it is also throttling to free agent sites like ours. I will explain.

This began when Net Neutrality was struck down because one of its tenants was that ISPs couldn't favor paying sites with the majority of their bandwidth, while funneling all other traffic through smaller segments of the net. If you happen to have an ISP that is doing that, when you access our site, it will be very slow, because it's sharing bandwidth for an "all the rest" category. On the other hand, if you go to a site hosted by the big name companies, which I can't mention here, you will have less constrained bandwidth to them.

The last thing is that some sites are on the big name hosting companies and those companies have presence on many major networks at one time depending on where you are coming from. It is part of how clouds work. You can't compare our site to a site living in a big name company's networking. We do it all ourselves and we can't afford to put in more than a single circuit at a single point on the net with a few servers.

Bottom line is it's working as it should from some points on the net, such as the hughes connection I'm using, it also works great on verizon, crisp and fast (though verizon somewhere else in the country might not work as well to us). Other providers, not so good because the net has so many more people using it than ever could have been expected and sized for. We honestly tried to pin it back on the server this morning, but couldn't. This is also the cause of that secure certification check error.

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must have done something to speed it up, I just went thru all the forums and it only to a split second to come up, Thanks Jim

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, unfortunately nothing and as mentioned, it looks the same to me now as yesterday.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fast here too, no lags or errors like before.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: YTSupport Reply to specific post Reply with quote

'befor' as in quite a few days ago. No problems anytime recent.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters