Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

The things I find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just like most folks,I buy boxes and buckets full of stuff at auctions just to get one thing. I was looking for something in the lean to on the shop this morning and saw a bucket with some hoses sticking up out of it. I looked and there was 8 of those seed and fertilizer boots that go on the bottom of that Oliver 64 grain drill and about a dozen of the rubber seed tubes.

A few years ago I needed a 12v saddle type voltage regulator for the Oliver 66 that I converted to a 12v generator and I found one of those new in the box.

Now if I could just stumble on to some single disc openers for that drill.

Amazing how some of this stuff isn't even recognizable until you need it. LOL

Olliejunkie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I brought home a bunch of stuff from an estate. In it there was a bucket never opened of light weight chain I thought. I needed some light chain so I opened it to find a brand new 1/2 heavy duty 20 foot chain with hooks. Its probably been sitting around here 5 years. Now it just looks like a rusty old chain.

Olliejunkie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The weights do spring back ok but dont return clear home. I dont know if that's normal. Probably not causing my problem though.

Oliver 500 Wa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I usually forget I have something and go buy it. Then next time I'm looking for something completely different, stumble onto the stuff I already had.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep. I still remember loosing a fertilizer tube for the corn planter one time. Dad and I both looked for that thing for two days. He finally went and bought a new one. He hadn't any more than got home with it and we found the old one inside a seed corn bag right where we'd been working on the planter.

ziffel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The things I find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many years ago I went to the estate sale of a repair shop and paid 25 cents for a box with a brand new chipping hammer laying on top of some junk. Good deal. But when I my got treasures back to my shop under the junk in chipping hammer box was a full set of "mics" zero thru 5 inches. Best 25 cents I ever spent.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters