Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

uni head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

great deal if someone can use it

lee little
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to be in good shape. I would love to own a uni.

Alvin 41
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

. We used Uni-Harvesters ,mostly for chopping,from 1965 until we quit dairy in 2010. That 768 corn head worked better than the 4 row ,but had feeding problems in some conditions with very tall corn . The 727 chopper could do a good job with only 6 knives to sharpen. The newer 8 knife choppers with low profile corn head fed better but lack a kernel processor. Both worked ok for haylage and there was a 12' flail attachment for green chop.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neighbor ran a Uni chopper until 10 or so years ago, he feeds out 400 heifers for a dairy. Lot of corn and alfalfa went through his.

I was wondering what that was off of when I saw it on the load in your pictures below!

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You wouldn't have to have it very long to change your mind Lee. I had two of them. I had a husking bed,sheller and a combine unit for them. Any little thing that went wrong,it was likely that the power unit was in the way of getting to it to fix it and I'd have to take the whole attachment off. For picking corn on hilly or wet ground,they didn't have enough traction to pull a loaded wagon. The combine unit couldn't hold a candle to a Gleaner. It seems to have just been an afterthought for New Idea since it was the only combine they made.

You might think I'm exaggerating,but I can pick at least twice as much corn in a day with my 325 pull type as I could with that Uni. The only thing they had going for them was the sheller unit. They did a heck of a job and would take snow better than a combine will.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a New idea Uni with no head I had to repo from a long time "friend" who stuck me with it,, it has the sweet corn husking bed,, the Perkins turbo'ed engine, hydrostat and is 4x4 love to see it gone,, may have to scrap it some day

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here you go lee

Uni system

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: uni head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here?s one chopping corn silage

Uni harvester

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters