Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1850 fuel in oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dentex

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have diesel slinging from front seal and the oil filter was full of diesel, dip stick shows almost clear. On start up the oil pressure dropped to 20psi but it ran good. Can it be anything other than rings?
Thanks

J Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it can. First choice would be a leaking diaphram on the fuel supply pump located on the right side. Second choic would be a leaking front seal on the injection pump. How fat did it fill up? J.

J Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it can. First choice would be a leaking diaphram on the fuel supply pump located on the right side. Second choice would be a leaking front seal on the injection pump. How fast did it fill up? J.

hardscrabble

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had an 1850 that did the same thing. Seal in the injector pump sprung a leak. I ended up buying a rebuilt pump, which the mechanic "said" would be cheaper than overhauling the pump. Did cure it though.

dentex

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

started smelling diesel within a couple of minutes of start up. No more than 5 before I shut it off (stepped off and saw diesel being slung off the balancer)

old

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As J says. Also don't run it again till you find/fix the problem because it can/will lock up the engine fast and thats no fun to fix. BTDT had an Allis XT190 that had the seal in the injector pump go bad and that got fuel in the oil and the guy ran it that way and lock it up. I got lucky and turpentine got it freed up but still wasn't fun to fix

Stu

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last fall while shelling corn with the 8600 White, the engine started cutting out and died. Checked the oil and was about 2 quarts high. I loosened the lift pump and had fuel run out of the engine side of the pump. Was able to get another pump, change the oil in the field go back to shelling. Good luck, Stu.

Max Edlin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1850 fuel in oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had an 1850 that did that twice over the years. First time replaced the diaphram with a new one. Second time about 3 years later it happened again. An old Oliver dealer told me to make a cover for the block where it bolted up then go to NAPA and get an electric pump and wire it in to the key switch. Never had any more problems with fuel in the oil.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters