Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finally pulled the trigger on a new pickup. Probably be the last one for me, I expect it to haul tractors as long as I need to. I started cleaning out the old truck, I'm keeping it but wanted to transfer some stuff to the new one. Good reason to give it a cleaning, I've found tools I forgot I owned. And boxes of ammo, I must have found 20 boxes of .22 and .223 hidden away in all the little storage pockets. And about $10 in change. Nuts, bolts, hardware of all kinds; a broken wristwatch and a pink ladies scarf (where in he!! did that come from? - threw it in the trash before wife seen it). Three sets of jumper cables, couple flashlights, new sweatshirt still in the bag, and last year's license tags that I had not put on the plate. I wondered what happened to them.

Now comes the hard part, trying to keep the new truck from becoming the same mess. This one has the RamBox option which is the reason I went with Ram in the first place, just for trying to keep my stuff organized. This truck also has many compartments throughout, problem is remembering what I put in them. Has a real nice rifle box behind the back seat, no problem remembering what is in there. Sure is quieter than the old truck. Its a Ram 2500 heavy duty with air suspension, 5.7 gas, and 3.73 gears. Lots of electronics that hook to my phone, still figuring all that out. My son shut off the seat belt dinger for me, which is wonderful. I think I'll like it.

OregonAaron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really like the "ram boxes". Wish more manufacturers would do that. Sometimes I use a ram 1500 for work, I have to say I like it alot.

Barts Dad
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just curious, what is brand, model is your old truck?

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were you able to get the 0% long term and differed payment options so many are giving right now ?

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that is the "Ram" box behind it I think it is oversized. Nice. Jim

Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, I went with the credit union. Once you read all the details for the special rates and going out 84 months it just didn't feel right for me. I am looking at near term retirement so I want no payments any longer than absolutely necessary.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can wait for year end 0% dealer deals.
They also seem to happen. 60 months.

I left my money in annuity pay 5% regardless of what the market does.

I annunitized when the market was doing well.

So my Kobota came with 0% 60 month financings.
My Annuities are paying for the Kubota and I'll get a fixed amount from my investment for the rest of my life.

Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1996 GMC 3500 4x4 dually. 454 vortec. I seriously love this truck, it has the best seats. GM knows how to design a seat to be comfortable, day long road trips and no complaints. The Ram seat seems to fit me well but I haven't had it on a all day trip yet either. This picture was taken a few years ago, after it was in the body shop for repair. Since then the rust has set in and and its getting pretty bad. And the paint is falling off all over. I like white vehicles, but for some reason GM had a bad run back in the 90's every white car or truck the paint fell off in huge chunks. Its got about 190k on it, uses a quart to 1000 miles since 30k (common for 454), been wrecked 3 times and stolen/recovered once. Used to pull a 27' horse trailer every weekend but the horses are gone now. I put a dumper unit in it for hauling firewood and dirt around the acreage. But I would not hesitate to take it cross country it is super reliable.

wingnuttx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice truck. I'm a Ford F 250 6.7 liter diesel owner but I really like some of the options Dodge has implemented. Dodge has one of the bigger in
dash screens. Also like the rifle box that you mentioned. Like you.... I buy only white vehicles. Come July and Augest Texas will experience triple
digits temps with super high humidity. I'm pretty sure that new pickup will serve you well.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you don't plan on wearing the seatbelt? I see why you don't think you will ever need another truck!

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is a seat belt necessary to drive 10 mph down a farm lane?

Some of us like to use our own judgement on whether or not we need a seat belt for the task at hand.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smokey ..... I'm with Russ on this. You must be one of those "can't happen to me guys" ..... you know, just a little trip down the block, a little boat ride near the shore, a bit of grinding without eye protection, one more drink won't put me over the limit, and the list goes on and on. Well at least you know how fast Moresmoke drives, not sure how that happens. Meanwhile, when a cop pulls you over, just tell him that you like to use your own judgement on whether or not you need a seat belt, he'll have a good laugh before he writes you up.

Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually I do wear my seat belt most all the time. But getting in and out to open or shut gates, hook up a trailer, or just move something out of the way I don't. What I have an aversion to is noise makers, must be the pitch of that dinger that really bugs me. I did discover today the the radio comes on every time you start it. Apparently you can mute it but cannot shut it off? And when you walk away from it with the fob in your pocket, it locks itself and toots the horn. I don't need any of that stuff either. I'll start a list of stuff to have the boy look at shutting off next.

I remember visiting a friend in the hospital last fall. I could hear something beeping everywhere, even in his room. I asked the nurse if there was a problem. She said no those go off all the time, you learn not to notice them after a while. Same with construction sites. You hear backup alarms almost constantly. I wonder at what point you get so conditioned to hearing it you no longer respond to it? Then it becomes no good.

Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh man fat guys like me can't handle it. Our daughter lives in Houston area and we visit in January to avoid July and August. I'll take -20 over 100 any day.

RoadsideGeo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning out old - setting up new pickup Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice truck.

Yup. I'm the same way . Don't need no blasted ding'n thing reminding me of anything. If I wanna lock the keys inside, I'll do just that! lol

Pretty much that first day the "new to me" vehicle sits in the driveway, that's first on the list to go.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters