Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

2030 oil cooler hose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bird Cupps
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello--

I'm no mechanic so this might be a dumb question. My 2030 was overheating so I've overhauled the radiator and now waiting for a new water pump. I'm still missing the little hose at the bottom of the oil cooler (dealer needed to order it--$19!) Can I just pick up a hose at an auto parts store? Is there anything I should look for? Or should I just order the JD part?

I'll try to post some pictures for entertainment--and maybe someone will find them in the future and find it useful.

Thank you!

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is the one I'm thinking of it looks like heater hose but its not. It has to be for oil service. Get the right hose, its worth it.

Bird Cupps
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes. It seems unusual. I cut the old one off and it had wire in it. I don't mind the price--the dealer is a little inconvenient, though.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a formed hose for a proper repair. While it's apart, flush the block, check or replace the thermostat and clean the hydraulic cooler rad as well, fan belt tight, engine timing etc.

Ben

Bird Cupps
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the hydraulic cooler what I am calling the oil cooler? The radiator alongside the main radiator?

Can you point me toward some direction on how to flush the block? I was wondering about that, thinking about how anytime you drain the radiator you're actually leaving some amount of coolant in the system. Of course, I've only just figured out how this part of the tractor works.

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Bird Cupps wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:41:27 05/07/20) Hello--

I'm no mechanic so this might be a dumb question. My 2030 was overheating so I've overhauled the radiator and now waiting for a new water pump. I'm still missing the little hose at the bottom of the oil cooler (dealer needed to order it--$19!) Can I just pick up a hose at an auto parts store? Is there anything I should look for? Or should I just order the JD part?

I'll try to post some pictures for entertainment--and maybe someone will find them in the future and find it useful.

Thank you!

Cooler mounted on the side of the radiator is the transmission/hydraulic oil cooler. If you have an engine oil cooler it it just a little canister, with two coolant hoses going to it, mounted between the engine oil filter and block. If the filter mounts directly to the block you do not have one, or at least the commonly used one.

You should get a Technical Manual TM 1051 and the Operator's manual, if you do not have them yet. There are a couple different operator's manuals due to a serial number split, so you should have your serial number to get one. Used OEM manuals are available on eBay, and would be better than aftermarket reprints or the I&T manuals in my opinion.

Bird Cupps
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jim, thank you. Yes, what I'm calling the oil cooler is the hydraulic cooler, as you say. I don't think I have an oil cooler. I did pick up the service manual and the owner's manual. They are helpful, fer sure.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the rad off, flush water with a garden hose through the upper rad hose outlet. Then, reverse it by putting the hose in the lower rad hose outlet. Use lots of water, flush back and forth til the outflow looks clean.

Ben

Jim.ME
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2030 oil cooler hose Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the radiator hoses disconnected, to flush the block you want to put water in the block drain. Water will exit the block through the lower hose.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters