Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Everything came up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don’t think I ever finished planting by May 15th. Did thus year.

I had one row a chain fell off the planter, it was working so well I didn’t get off and check. Of course, made a dozen rounds before noticing a chain came off,

Got to use the planter in the corner of the shed, planted that one row back in.

I saw yesterday those rows were just spiking out of the ground, so I think it all is up now.

Kinda fun to zip along with the one row, tho frustrating to waste the time on my screw up.

Paul

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of the corn ground here in my section of Ohio is never going to get planted this year as we are still flooded out.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm still planting. We had 5.3 inches of rain that brought everything to a halt when I was half done, just like last year. I finished silage corn today, but have 15 acres of grain corn to go yet. Rain looks almost certain, so I don't know when I can finish.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a nice little planter. Is it primarily for planting skips like you described or for a garden? Around here people would want that for “food plots “ for deer. Congratulations on getting everything planted in a timely fashion.

JK-NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your wet weather. You aren’t near where the flood was?(Midland?) Probably the same rain that caused the floods got you too.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I actually have a 15 row, 15 inch bean planter with 295 units on it.

At a farm auction some years ago I ran across this 4-38 inch planter no one was interested in. One box was busted up. So it was for spare parts, as well as this sort of replanting.

The 285 units are so worn, not sure I want to rebuild stuff that old, end up planting with my 6-30 7000 with Kinze bean meters now.

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We're a little west of Midland, but I think we probably got just as much rain, we're just not near a river. I just tried again. Got one small field ready, planted for about 20 minutes and it started raining again. Didn't last too long, but I tried again about an hour and a half after it stopped and had to chain the planter out. Look of the radar I'm done for at least a week again. Doesn't take much when the ground is already saturated.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need a monitor on that planter.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had joked to someohe, I should put a 20-20 sensor controller on it, wonder if anyone makes an adaptor to run row clutches too.....

Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must be in the Black Swamp? I swear, I don't know how any of that ground is worth ten cents an acre. I don't think I've ever in my life seen a decent crop of anything down through there. It's always too wet or too dry. A guy here was raised down there. He said it was OK when the old roots were still in the ground, it kind of gave the water some cavities, but since they've all rotted away, it's just a gumbo mess.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Everything came up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No south of there. You know Celina, Van Wert Ohio so you know the area, And to east and south.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters